September 28, 2024, 10:28:38 PM

Author Topic: Art Of Anarchy  (Read 71632 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Art Of Anarchy
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
where is the scam though? did they not pay him like the promised?

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »
I don't know if my memory/timeline are correct, but if Scott worked on that first single about 2 years ago, then wouldn't that be right around the time of his STP firing, as well as around the time in which he suggested Velvet Revolver were getting back together again?

If that's the case, I can see Scott taking up this project as just a reach for something to do at a point when he had nothing to fall back on.  At that point even though the Wildabouts were together, they were just touring his solo catalogue and getting ready for "Purple at the Core"

Could it be that Scott took the cash for the first song, then committed to the rest of the album when the rest of his musical interests were either broken or stagnant?  But a year or so later he gets inspired enough to make the Wildabouts a real thing and in his own mind just writes off AOA?

Either way, Scott could be a bit more classy in referencing AOA.  I'm sure he's annoyed to be getting asked about that when he's trying to promote Blaster, but c'mon you don't have to call that work a "Scam" or that you don't even know their names....

Why wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut and see where the AOA stuff goes.  Lord knows he regularly states that cash flow is important for him.

Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2015, 09:09:01 PM »
How ironic is it that just a couple years ago Scott was randomly releasing statements that VR was active again right when Slash was pushing a solo project, so Slash squashed it immediately.  And now Scott's on the other end of the same sort of situation.....

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
How ironic is it that just a couple years ago Scott was randomly releasing statements that VR was active again right when Slash was pushing a solo project, so Slash squashed it immediately.  And now Scott's on the other end of the same sort of situation.....
How so? Art of Anarchy is real.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2015, 09:44:10 PM »

In Slash's defense, he hadn't just recorded an album with VR, posed for press photos, and released a single WITH a video he'd filmed with them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:58:50 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2015, 10:23:26 PM »
I didn't say they are identical.  But I do see some irony in the similarities that do exist. lol
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:27:47 PM by CritterTypeThing »

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »
New topic. This interview is troubling to me on so many levels. The following comment about Jeremy made my blood run cold:

"It's a tragedy what happened but I'm gonna give up my career?"

My God. No one would expect Scott to give up his career because Jeremy passed. The fact that he would even say something like this -- especially after blaming the delay in shipping out the Pledge Music stuff on his "grieving process" -- just shows what a vile person he really is.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2015, 11:08:51 PM »
My take.

Scott doesn't want to be perceived as a guy who could be bought by a couple of no-body's (the Votta twins).

Except that he keeps explicitly saying that he was bought by them, and nothing more. If he wanted it to seem as you say, surely he would say it's a great project and he is happy he did it, and not mention being salaried for doing it?

New topic. This interview is troubling to me on so many levels. The following comment about Jeremy made my blood run cold:

My God. No one would expect Scott to give up his career because Jeremy passed. The fact that he would even say something like this -- especially after blaming the delay in shipping out the Pledge Music stuff on his "grieving process" -- just shows what a vile person he really is.

That was in response to people saying he should have split the band after Jeremy died, which is a silly thing for people to say, and they did say that. I saw a bunch of people say that on his facebook page.

It's his band and his new album. Can't fault him there IMO.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:14:59 PM by Pingfah »

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »

just shows what a vile person he really is.

I didn't know you knew Scott personally.  Take your vitriolic bullshit elsewhere.  Good god why are you even here if you hate the guy so much?  I don't like Scott's actions as of late but good grief you need to get a grip.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2015, 01:10:26 AM »

This was literally him answering the interviewers question about people wanting him to abandon promotion for Blaster and disband the Wildabouts after Jeremy's passing.

The entire, IN CONTEXT, quote:

I've read some comments on your Facebook page from a minority of people who think you shouldn't promote Blaster or continue your scheduled tour after Jeremy's passing. Blaster represents Jeremy's musical legacy and I think it should be celebrated.
Blaster was an album that was written by a band. If a person dies in a band you don't break up the band and not promote the album. That's not what Jeremy would have wanted us to do. Yeah. I'm gonna quit? No, you don't do that. If a soldier goes down you keep on fighting. It's a tragedy what happened but I'm gonna give up my career?

I'm not a Scott apologist by any means, but that sounds a lot more like he wants to honor Jeremy's legacy than anything. Do you honestly think he should have canceled the album's release and disbanded his solo band?

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2015, 02:56:23 AM »
He definitely could've worded it better, and it does sound a bit self-centered, but he did heap praise on Jeremy earlier in the interview, think it could just be a case of something sounding worse in print than actual speech.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2015, 03:00:09 AM »

just shows what a vile person he really is.

Good god why are you even here if you hate the guy so much?

I often wonder that myself. Literally, every single thread consists of someone saying something to the effect of, "Scott's a piece of shit", "fuck the DeLeos", or the inevitable, "Chester can't sing for shit!". Every. single. thread.

I wonder why I'm even checking up on this place as of late. The new STP is on tour and Scott's got two new albums out. But instead let's circle jerk about how much we hate everyone that brought us to this forum. The forum's header picture should be a photo of a broken record.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:46 AM »
This Art of Anarchy thing keeps getting more bizarre.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2015, 03:12:54 AM »
This board, like STP's fan base, is so split right now, so all we do is argue.

This place is like a CheSTP concert where Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts are the openers, and Scott is two hours late, so all the fans are standing around punching each other in the face.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2015, 03:22:24 AM »
This board, like STP's fan base, is so split right now, so all we do is argue.

This place is like a CheSTP concert where Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts are the openers, and Scott is two hours late, so all the fans are standing around punching each other in the face.

Pretty sure STP would just go onstage after an hour in that scenario, but entertaining metaphore none the less.