September 24, 2024, 06:18:29 AM

Author Topic: Rolling Stone Article: SW & Blaster  (Read 3188 times)

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling Stone Article: SW & Blaster
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »
Cool.  I hope it's everything it can be and more.  Would've been cool to see this announcement correspond with Coachella and have him playing there, too.  No dice.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
Although, I just noticed that there isn't one 90s band in the whole lineup.  Sounds like people are moving on. 

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm glad there's at least some kind of press. I do like that the cover art is finally out. That's been a long time coming, but we got a new pushed back release date too. Give and take I guess. I don't care as long as the thing actually comes out and we get a single before March. I'm relatively stoked to hear the album in its entirety.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
HELL YES he's coming to Baltimore March 13th! Can't wait...hope this tour goes well and can't wait to hear Blaster!!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 10:21:29 PM »
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

IdahoSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 12:12:44 AM »
Hell ya! Modzilla playing on that YouTube video.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 08:45:43 AM »
Hell ya! Modzilla playing on that YouTube video.

Sounds fuckin' dope. I don't usually judge music by 12 second samples, but that clip plus the live shit, YOU CAN OFFICIALLY COLOR ME EXCITED!!

They should call this album "Weiland Gets His Groove Back". I love everything Scott and his various bands have released (not gonna lie tho, I've never taken the time to hear all that Christmas shit, and that "covers album" was kind of lacking) but there's this "rawness" or other undefinable adjective missing from Weiland's music since the Contraband album....

Modzilla kind of reminds me of a dirtier "Hazy Daze" but without that saccharine DeLeo brothers production and a tons more of inspiredness.

Kudos to producer Rick Parker, Weiland, Brown, Black and Thompson for what is about to be unleashed on the world. This is make or break time for the Scottyer Weilandish, and that wayyyy too small clip of sounds make me think he make it.

I'm guessing the presale announcement on the 13th will give us a chance to preorder the album and get a free download of the first single.... FINGERS CROSSED. I might actually have to preorder an album for the first time since STP in 2010....

I'm fuckin' stoked that he's playing the Bottlerock festival in Napa at the end of May. I volunteered there in 2013, and ended up making over 120 dollars worth of tips passing out beers for 8 hours (plus free beers), in addition to free tickets for the day of my choosing. So I can make some extra cash, AND see Weiland for free comin' up here pretty quick like. I guess that's pretty cool. I always wanted to see STP perform at the Bottlerock, but this is just as good, or better, since Scott is all inspired and shit and making music with people he wants to play with (and with a producer who makes sounds that aren't amateur as shit) rather than people he knows he will make a good paycheck playing with.

Anyway. Weiland's got something to prove here, and won't let us down. It might not sell as well as good music should in this era, where only Beyonce and Taylor Swift can sell platinum albums, but this will be a raw raw rock album we've been hoping for from Weiland for over a decade.

WEILAND FOR PRESIDENT IN 2015!!!!! You know he'd do a better job than that darker skinned George W. clone.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 09:13:31 AM »
The video's got 37 thumbs up and 0 thumbs down. So apparently the 1661 people who have seen it are digging it, too.

2015 is gonna be THE YEAR, despite how it all started off. At least for me....
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 09:47:08 AM »
The YoTub comments (so far) are all positive except the one noting how he looks "sad" or "emotional".

But those of us here posting on this site still now, he's not a "happy" or "emotionally normal" person.... And those chemically imbalanced emotions are what made you seek out his songs and music in the first place, don't lie.

As a fan of one Brian Wilson (of The Beach Boys, GOOGLE THAT SHIT IF U DONT NO WAT IM GOIN ON ABOUT), I know that the "brain changes or "damages"" caused by prior extreme drug use will not destroy the ability to create the songs/melodies you can relate to and enjoy, they will only destroy the confidence required to unleash said songs/melodies to the world....

But yeah, the rambling shit I'm goin' on about.... Scott's demons are in check at this point, and he's about to release an album that means more to him than any album he released in the last 13 years or so has.

And yeah, by now, I don't know what the funk I'm talking about, but anybody that discounted Scott Weiland and his band's music are likely to now have to eat a dick. His new music isn't an attempt at staying relevant featuring Linkin Park, like certain peoples' music is, but a true message from the heart.

And you can either enjoy that, or sit there slobbering for some failing attempt at commercial relevance, like this other Linkin Park featuring band wishes they had. At this point, the choice is yours.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. YOU GOT TO LOOK INSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE. EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THAT BAND'S RUNNNNNNNNNING OUT OFFFFFFF TIIIIIIIIIIME.

Lol fuck. I wish those lame DeLeo brothers would still make music with that lame Scott Weiland....
Bleeda blooda

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 10:28:10 PM »