September 27, 2024, 03:19:04 PM

Author Topic: Billy Corgan 'Embarrassed' By 90's Bands Playing Old Hits To 'Pay The Mortgage'  (Read 6468 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
New Pumpkins single:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/smashing-pumpkins-being-beige-20141020

Eh, pretty disappointing. I let expectations get too high after he hyped it up so much.

I actually think it is a pretty good song but, for the first single, I was hoping for a faster, heavier rocker. I still think this will be a great album.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:16:44 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
this guy is a joke. he uses the smashing pumpkins brand to pay his mortgage, by all rights he should be releasing music as billy corgan not smashing pumpkins

You hit the nail on the head!   

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Corgan pretty much IS Smashing Pumpkins though, he's always had the power to hire and fire whoever he wants, he rerecords other members parts whenever he feels like it, and he's used that power on multiple occasions. It's widely known that almost all the guitars on Siamese Dream are Billy, because he ditched all of Iha's parts and did them himself, and most importantly, he has sole songwriting credits on just about every song they have released. Iha gets a credit on one or 2 tracks per album the rest is ALL Billy Corgan.

SP is his baby, he's been the driving creative force behind their success, to a greater degree than any single member of STP has. It's absurd and arrogant to suggest he has no right to record under the Smashing Pumpkins brand.