September 20, 2024, 02:19:39 AM

Author Topic: Rolling Stone Interview w/ Rob & Chester  (Read 8848 times)

DeadandTrippin92

Re: Rolling Stone Interview w/ Rob & Chester
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:34 AM »
"I don't ever want to lose vision of how important it is that my childhood dream has become reality and that's gonna continue for the four of us."

I got a little teary reading this.... Robert has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I've ever met. If all humans had his heart, this world would be golden.

This is VERY bittersweet. 100% on both sides. Fuck.

If he really meant that then he wouldn't have associated himself with trash like Chester Bennington.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 03:18:30 AM »
Chester > DeadandTrippin92
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 04:25:41 AM »

Are you ever going to stop stalking me on this forum? For Christs sake you reply to every one of my posts. Like I said before theres about 24 Chester supporters in this world and around 6 of them are on this forum.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 04:53:35 AM »

Are you ever going to stop stalking me on this forum? For Christs sake you reply to every one of my posts. Like I said before theres about 24 Chester supporters in this world and around 6 of them are on this forum.

It's because you're such a funny little guy.

Chester loves you, bud. Be happy.

- Ron Burgundy

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 05:11:47 AM »
Sigh.

You know, the reality is that most of us don't know shit about what's going on. We know what we hear about in the press, we know what some of the guys tell some of us in person (And report back here) and we hear what some people who have sources "know." Other than that, we all kind of have to put on our thinking caps and come up with a reasonable idea of what the closest thing to the truth is. For the life of me, I can't think of how anyone could do that and think the DeLeos/Kretz are the devil.

Who is a saint? None of them. And neither are any of us. Most of us probably do a lot of good and a little bad. I think all of the guys in STP are that way, Chester included. Some of us may have a past where that isn't true, but have become mostly good. Others are assholes of varying degrees. That much is true in all of life.

I don't think this scenario has to be zero sum, as many are portraying it. I don't think that if someone is right someone else has to be wrong, and I don't think if someone is being a jerk that others have to be angels. I think that sometimes bad shit happens, and sometimes people act like assholes, and sometimes good people aren't always good. Sometimes, to paraphrase Stephen Sondheim, thieves get rich, saints get shot, and God don't answer prayers a lot. Shit happens, in other words.

So what do we make of what happened?

Well, Scott is an addict. The other guys may have partied or done as much as Scott has done, but either they weren't addicts or they were able to keep their addiction under control. How do we know this? Observable facts. The other guys don't royally fuck up tour after tour. Eric is pretty much the tits every night. Robert too. I hear bad notes ever so often, but it's the exception. Same goes for Dean. Scott? To be fair, the human voice has a disadvantage to other instruments. Sometimes, it's just not there. But Scott also isn't treating his instrument well. He smokes. He drinks. He does drugs. Do we think Dean and Robert are out there playing the game where you stab knives in between your fingers while simultaneously burning cigarette holes in their instruments? Probably not. They take care of their instruments and their fingers.

Scott hasn't brought it on a consistent basis in a long, long time. You can't look at youtube video after youtube video and come to any other conclusion. His addictions and demons are getting the best of him, and have for a while. We all know that coke, prescription meds, and alcohol have been wreaking havoc on his health and performances for years now, even back to VR.

But how long must those around an addict let that person bring them down? Do Robert and Dean just sit at home with their thumbs up their asses until Scott gets clean? No. They've tried other things. I can't imagine Talk Show or Army of Anyone were close to lucrative. By the time the label gets paid back and you do a tour not many people go to, how much money do you actually make?

Hasn't Scott gone to rehab like a million times? Haven't the DeLeos probably lost out on lots of money-making opportunities because of Scott's problems? Is Scott not a grown ass man? If he says he is ready to tour, is it really the DeLeos' responsibility to take care of a 40+ year old man? Are they the reason he was healthy for No. 4? Absolutely not. He went to jail, got clean, replaced drugs with working out, and brought some sort of sponsor on tour. That was up to Scott. The last 5 years have also been up to Scott, not Robert and Dean. Scott does well, then he doesn't do so well. That's on him. It is not on anyone else. If the DeLeos can't be praised for getting Scott clean--which they didn't--then they can't be vilified for touring when Scott wasn't healthy.

I am a HUGE fan of Weiland. I think he is a great singer/songwriter. When I was younger I looked up to him as THE rock star of my generation. I was boderline obsessed--as obsessed as a straight boy/man can be.

I won't fool myself though. His track record speaks for itself. I would imagine that he was once a really nice guy. I bet in many situations he probably still is. But I also won't fool myself for a second thinking he wouldn't be a nightmare to work with.

I'm sure Scott feels sorry for himself and thinks the DeLeos are assholes. He has plenty of reason to. From his perspective, he's doing just fine, people still want to pay to see him, he's the face of the franchise, and his drinking and drug use are "under control." If that's his opinion, how could he see himself being anything other than betrayed?

But I think we all know that the DeLeos (and Kretz, I am not forgetting him) have probably dealt with enough diva behavior, enough drugs, enough poor performances, enough canceled performances, enough of the "rock star" life, and enough of their once-friend not even having the courtesy to call them or give him his phone number (sorry, I believe that one). Scott is now surrounded by "yes" men and that is the worst thing for him. But no one can help him but himself. It really is that simple.

The other guys finally decided that they wanted to work with a guy who shows up, does his best, takes care of himself, and eliminates all the heartache and frustration of this job.

I'm guessing that Scott is probably a very, very lonely guy. He probably keeps people at arm's length and kept the rest of STP there for very sad reasons that none of us can likely identify with. I feel for him greatly. I wish I could shake him and snap him out of it.

But I don't begrudge the DeLeos doing what they did. They're over the drama. Aren't we all?

I think Robert was being legit when he told Brett that he hopes Scott gets healthy. I am sure that deep down, as a person and what they consider to be a long lost friend, they hope he gets healthy and gets to be the guy they remember. But the DeLeos are also the Sgt. Murtaugh of the group--they're too old for this shit.

They're 3/4 of STP, and the only original members of STP that still bring it every night. They probably feel like they gave Scott a million chances. They're probably not far off.

Scott feels betrayed. And he probably has some legitimate feelings on that. But I think it's because he is fooling himself, just like he is fooling himself into thinking his drinking and drugging is under control. It's not, and he's not.

But that's not Eric, Robert, or Dean's fault. It's Scott. Doesn't make him wrong, it just makes him sick. But you can't save everybody. And maybe the rest of the guys thought that they needed saving first.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:19:47 AM by lovemachine97 »

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »
Can someone post this link on the Bethlehem 9/04/13 show thread?

I can't reply to that thread for some reason.

This is Hollywood Bitch from tonight's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_33l_wdlns

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 06:41:14 AM »
Yeah I can't seem to be able to post there either. Odd.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »
Can someone post this link on the Bethlehem 9/04/13 show thread?

I can't reply to that thread for some reason.

This is Hollywood Bitch from tonight's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_33l_wdlns

Sounds great.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 07:09:51 AM »
I don't know how to do multiple quotes.

But reading the article and then what LoveMachine97 and DELEO wrote, with that, I feel that the Original 3 will pay off Scott.

You mean IF Scott wins the lawsuit.

No, not that. I mean like maybe he'll do something to piss off the Original 3 and to shut him up and have him drop the lawsuit, the Original 3 will just pay him. Didn't Weiland recently say something about STP is going to have to buy him out? Something along those lines.

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:35 AM »
Sorry I have to post here, can someone post this in Bethlehem 9/04, please? I still can't post in there.

"Down"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kAK7lb54A

ILS and Pop's Love Suicide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXepOLGSVc
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:22:40 AM by Blueberry »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 07:17:28 AM »
I can't post in there either.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »
Silvergun:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5wBDH_gkoQ
Sex and Violence:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EboXflUVhag

Pretty much all the songs are up now.  I like em!  Excited for the EP to come out so they can play it live
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
Also I believe "Cry Cry" is dedicated to Chris Pepper.
I think Chris Pepper is really Scott.

I think you're right.

Chris, make sure you and Doug make a great rock album. No Booze til the album is finished.

Ha!

I think if he can get other talented musicians around him, his solo material could be a masterpiece.  I think D Gean is a piece of the puzzle but he needs others to edit him a bit more, push him directionally a bit.  I think great music is a collaboration usually dominated by one person but still shaped by more than one person.  Maybe Brendan O Brien.  Daniel Lanois.  Or maybe someone in the electronic world.  Oakenfold.  But it sounds like he's going to do a rock album and I'd reach out to someone he's had some success with.   

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 09:31:50 PM »
Sorry I have to post here, can someone post this in Bethlehem 9/04, please? I still can't post in there.

"Down"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kAK7lb54A

ILS and Pop's Love Suicide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXepOLGSVc
Holy fuck. Pardon my language, but I was yet to hear "Down" as performed w/ Chester. He did an amazing job. That entire show is great, I never doubted him to begin with, but man I really like the way he sounds with the guys, especially performing the old stuff. He nailed that intro. As you may know, "Down" is a favorite of mine (half my user name haha) and Chester absolutely did it justice in my opinion. That was one of the few tracks I was yet to hear from them. Very excited for the EP. Just a little over a month away.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »
Also I believe "Cry Cry" is dedicated to Chris Pepper.
I think Chris Pepper is really Scott.

I think you're right.

Chris, make sure you and Doug make a great rock album. No Booze til the album is finished.

Ha!

I think if he can get other talented musicians around him, his solo material could be a masterpiece.  I think D Gean is a piece of the puzzle but he needs others to edit him a bit more, push him directionally a bit.  I think great music is a collaboration usually dominated by one person but still shaped by more than one person.  Maybe Brendan O Brien.  Daniel Lanois.  Or maybe someone in the electronic world.  Oakenfold.  But it sounds like he's going to do a rock album and I'd reach out to someone he's had some success with.   

If Weiland did his new album with Brendan O'Brien and some other kickass musicians, I would be very excited to hear what came out of that.

- Ron Burgundy