September 30, 2024, 11:23:46 AM

Author Topic: A "Hello" from Les  (Read 4001 times)

Les Nessman

• Arrival
  • Shirley Temple's P****
    • View Profile
A "Hello" from Les
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
Hello! My name is Les and I'm a big STP/AoA/Velvet Revolver fan. I am sure glad that I saw this forum, it is very well put together! I have been browsing through some of it and I like the features put in to stop spam and others from degrading the forum. I will definately try to get the 30 karma points so I can access the coveted downloads section, I wonder what kind of gold is in there?? I own all the STP/Velvet Revolver (Deluxe Tour editions and "Slither" single) albums, the AoA album (all physical copies), and bought the True Blood soundtrack off of iTunes (ughh) to get the "You Can't Drive Me Away" No. 4 outtake. Now I am looking at the singles to see what else is there to listen to that I don't have. Maybe I will buy vinyl next of all the albums? Anyone have any comments about those? I was really hoping to see them live (they were at Moondance Jam '11 in Minnesota, almost went to that), but now we all have to wait for Scott to get back into the fold again. Thanks for a wonderful forum and I hope to get to know some of you in the near future!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A "Hello" from Les
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »
I have a comment about the vinyl for ya. It's fuckin' expensive! The singles are cheap and easy to come by, if you want any of the first 3 LPs though, be prepared to pay big bucks. At least $50 for Purple on purple vinyl, probably more like $100+ a piece for Core or Tiny Music.

I have all three of course  ;D

Les Nessman

• Arrival
  • Shirley Temple's P****
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
Thank you for the info... I will be shopping for them, I'll have to check if each release has different colors.. etc. OH FUN!!! I have a turntable that rips vinyl into mp3's, sometimes the ripping makes the songs better than if I were to burn off the cd's that I buy, sometimes they don't...

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
Purple is the only LP with a special edition, on Purple vinyl. There is also a standard black vinyl version of Purple.

Core & Tiny Music come in standard black vinyl editions only.