September 30, 2024, 01:17:40 PM

Author Topic: Hello :3  (Read 4282 times)

pugsarecool

• Arrival
  • Don't Know my Name; You Know Where to find me
    • View Profile
Hello :3
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:55:37 AM »
Hey everyone.

I'm Hunter, and I've been a fan of STP for a long time. Probably started when I was in second grade or so, Core was on it's 10th anniversary and my local rock station was playing STP non stop. Then in the summer of 2011 (how I remember these times I'm not sure of..maybe STP had that much of an impact on me?), I heard Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart, and fell in love with STP again. From there on it spiraled out of control, rediscovering songs I hadn't heard in years but loved (Big Empty, Wicked Garden, etc), and here I am, nearly two years later, and STP is my all time favorite band, with Core being my all time favorite album and Piece of Pie as my all time favorite song. I've started to collect STP memorabilia as well, like a record store flyer from 1994 promoting Purple, Interstate Love Song/Lounge Fly on Vinyl, etc..

Still haven't seen these guys live yet outside of concert DVDs and Youtube, so I hope Weiland's termination is just some sort of sick joke :p. But I'm glad I finally found this site and forum, it's great to be in a place with so many other lovers of STP! :D

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Re: Hello :3
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:22:48 AM »
Welcome!

Picked a hell of a day to sign up
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »
Welcome!

Picked a hell of a day to sign up

Haha! Well said my friend!

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:51:10 AM »
Welcome, but the main attraction has been shut down

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:51 AM »
Welcome to the end.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:06:10 AM by Silver guns and Candybars »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »
Man that SUCKS you missed out on seeing them live.  I don't see the original STP touring for at least a few more years with the latest debacle.  While it sucks to see STP (or the real STP at least) gone, I got to experience 5 years of them being together.  I saw them live 8 times, anticipated and experienced the release of a new album, etc. so while it still sucks it's not as tough of a pill to swallow.  But I really feel for the fans who haven't seen them live, one of the best live bands on earth.  The Hollywood Bowl show I went to in 2008 is the best show I've ever been to.  I became a fan in late 2005 and fortunately I only had to wait 2-2.5 years for a reunion, but man the wait to see them live wasn't very fun.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:52 AM »
Welcome to the party! Little bit more of a pity party lately, but welcome nonetheless!

CoreurpletinyNo4ShangriY

• I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES! I TOLD YOU 5 OR 4 TIMES!
  • Pilot
  • I know the questions but I lost the answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 01:18:57 AM »
Hey everyone.

I'm Hunter, and I've been a fan of STP for a long time. Probably started when I was in second grade or so, Core was on it's 10th anniversary and my local rock station was playing STP non stop. Then in the summer of 2011 (how I remember these times I'm not sure of..maybe STP had that much of an impact on me?), I heard Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart, and fell in love with STP again. From there on it spiraled out of control, rediscovering songs I hadn't heard in years but loved (Big Empty, Wicked Garden, etc), and here I am, nearly two years later, and STP is my all time favorite band, with Core being my all time favorite album and Piece of Pie as my all time favorite song. I've started to collect STP memorabilia as well, like a record store flyer from 1994 promoting Purple, Interstate Love Song/Lounge Fly on Vinyl, etc..

Still haven't seen these guys live yet outside of concert DVDs and Youtube, so I hope Weiland's termination is just some sort of sick joke :p. But I'm glad I finally found this site and forum, it's great to be in a place with so many other lovers of STP! :D
I'm kind of like you! My mom and her boyfriend got me into STP in 2009 (I'm nearing 16 years old) with songs like Vasoline and Plush obviously. In 2010, I saw STP at a local venue. A lot of people who I knew also attended, so it was cool to see their reactions in school the next day. It wasn't until 2011 when I majorly got into STP. We ended up seeing them 3 times, and each time got me more and more into the band. By the end of 2011, I pretty much had their whole repertoire of songs memorized, and looked forward to any new news and dates pretty much every other day. Then I saw em in 2012 again, and Scott Solo as well. Sorry for the long post haha.

If you want to see STP, I would recommend seeing Scott on his current tour because Scott alone puts on a hell of a show. So sad that you signed up today though :( They'll be back in a few years, don't worry.
STP Shows: 9/5/10 - 7/26/11 - 8/6/11 - 9/10/11 - 8/24/12
STP with Chester: 9/6/13 - 4/25/15
Weiland Shows: 11/28/12 - 3/12/13 - 8/14/13 - 9/14/14
- 3/10/15 - 11/28/15

Carl_Spackler

• Ground Personnel
  • Seeing an STP show is like x-mass for me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »
STP is Scott, Dean, Robert and Eric.
Live rock and roll music done by original performers is aging rapidly and dying quickly as each year passes.
The market and demand for live performances from bands like STP with original lineups will go up with each passing year.

I will be 50 years old in 4 years and I will be attending STP shows regularly with all the boys functioning like a well-oiled machine. 
Everyone have some faith.  There will be plenty of STP shows for us to attend and have a good time at.

25th anniversary of Core in in 2016!!!

Sometimes I really wish I was not as hooked on STP as I am…
Being an STP fan is like a disease man…
And now I feel like “Chazz" Michael Michaels from Blades of Glory…
Carl Spackler

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."