October 02, 2024, 02:06:22 PM

Author Topic: 2012-12-10 - Groove, Buenos Aires, Argentina  (Read 10037 times)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
Re: 2012-12-10 - Groove, Buenos Aires, Argentina
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »
OMG, I didn't know about the dog! I guess I was in such a state of shock that I didn't even realise that!

Ok, so here's what I remember...we saw them walking out, Jez was the first one to approach them, and like Agos said, Jamie moved aside but we asked her to stay and kept telling them how cute they were, and congratulating them. They were both smiling at that.

So Jez got the first photo, then it was my turn. Since she asked for a hug, Scott straight up hugged me, I didn't even have to ask! So then we posed for the photo, and here it is:

http://instagram.com/p/TBsYZsyQW2/

I was in such a state of shock I didn't really say anything of importance to him, I thanked him many times and I also told him that I went to NY to see STP and he said "Oh, really? That's great!" with a smile. I remember saying that I was shaking (which I was), but I don't remember the answer to that...I do remember Scott saying something about how much he loved our city.

When we asked him to sign things, he agreed, but he said he was looking out for his cab because they didn't want to miss their reservation. I got a couple of CD's signed, so did the others, and when he was done, he was holding out the pen and nobody was taking it from his hand, so I took it even though it wasn't mine. I guess we were all pretty much in shock! Then we thanked him and walked away, as they were still waiting for their cab, we didn't want to bother them more than we had already.

We had all of our stuff thrown around at our feet, I think I even left my cellphone on the floor! And at one point one of the security people came to us and asked us who he was, because they were pretty surprised to see us asking photos and autographs from him. We told them and they were all "Ahhh, I see!" and then asked us to please pick up our things from the floor xD

We ended up around the corner, laughing, crying, hugging each other, because we couldn't believe what had happened.

Jamie was really nice to us too, smiling all the time, she didn't seem bothered at all that we stole her fiancee for a couple of minutes. I wonder what she must have thought of us though  ;D

I ended up with a sunburn (my face looks like a tomato right now) and a numerous amount of mosquito bites, but it was all worth it! :D
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 12:13:57 AM »
I get excited when i read the reviews and see the pictures...

Why cant he make it to Venezuela, WHY GOD, WHY?! ):
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
Great pics and stories Manxita and Shangri! You are truly super fans!

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 01:31:11 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! :)
I forgot to share here my best photos from the show, which I uploaded in my blog, here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/envivoenbuenosaires/sets/72157632211518870/

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »
Sorry didn't reply before, been a tad busy.  Well well.  That was some concert and I am going to call Shangri - Queen Shangri LOL LOL check the reaction in the photos.  Woohooo and manxita you look awesome too!

Coooooooooolllllllll at least your wish has been granted now, what next?
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »

just looked at the photos in manxitas flickr album, from the december 10 buenos aires show. has someone seen what happened to scott's belly, on two pics who see his belly, and to me it seems , like there are a lot of scrars... strange, anybody else noticed?

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »
No, no scars, just hair xD (we saw it up close when we were there, and after the show when he came out without his shirt on and there was nothing wrong with it)

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
Such a great story.  So jealous of you both.  You definitely deserve it.  A+ for dedication.  You'll keep this with you forever.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 03:32:21 AM »
Here are the first 3 songs of the concert, in very nice quality, it's a multi camera video (the same guy said he will be uploading the whole show like this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoyLzJuYvk4

I'll post the other parts when they are released

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
In case anybody wants to see it, here's the whole Buenos Aires concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrBwtvdpxI