October 01, 2024, 02:31:53 PM

Author Topic: First Time You Heard Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 9470 times)

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: First Time You Heard Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 04:55:52 AM »
My story is a little x-rated, but oh we'll.

There was this guy I had a huge crush on in high school ('92/'93).  One day he invited me over to his house to hang out.  We ended up "hooking up" that night and Core was playing in the background.  I specifically remember the song Plush.  I've been a fan of STP ever since.  I still think of him every time I hear Plush.  *sigh*

"And I feeeel it."

LOL!
04/12/11: Kings of Leon w/Band of Horses
05/18/11: Avenged Sevenfold
08/16/11: STP @ Austin City Limits Live
03/7/12: Radiohead
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend ....

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
was it raining in his bedroom?
I had the midwife naked and alone

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »
When he finished did he give you eyes of disarray?

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 05:22:56 AM »
You guys are so funny, I knew you would appreciate that story.  I first thought the name of the song was 'Sex on X' because that was what the display said on his stereo.   ::)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:26:36 AM by txgirl6927 »
04/12/11: Kings of Leon w/Band of Horses
05/18/11: Avenged Sevenfold
08/16/11: STP @ Austin City Limits Live
03/7/12: Radiohead
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend ....

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »
he knew you wanted what was on his mind.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »
So what role did the smelling dogs play?

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 01:22:19 AM »
So what role did the smelling dogs play?

What a pervert this guy ^

Poolboy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:19 AM »
I was 13 years old and just started jr. high. They used to play a commercial a lot on TV for Core which was just a clip of the Plush video. It sounded like nothing I had heard before and I wasn't into music. All I knew is I really liked the sound of it and STP became the first band that I ever liked.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »
It was the Spring of 2003... I was 18, and I had never really been into any band in any major way at this point. I had started hearing a song by Saliva on the radio around this time that was stuck in my mind. I felt like going to Wal Mart to see if I could find their CD. I found the "S" labeled section and saw there were only a couple CD's sitting there. The first one was an old movie soundtrack album(don't remember what it was), I went ahead and picked up the second CD to take a look. It was Core. I didn't recognize the songs by names, but something seemed intriguing about the CD. I had loosely heard the band name a time or two from rock radio. I thought sure, I'll give it a try hoping to hear something that maybe sounded familiar to me.

You can guess the rest... I put the CD in and was blown away at the sound I was hearing. I played the tracks at one of the highest levels I ever remember playing my stereo system. Never before had a CD from front to back entertained me, and made me feel that excited about music.

I would go on to find STP's other albums in the order that they were made, which I thought was neat. I got to experience how their sound, talent and my love for the band expanded while listening to each record.

Thanks to Saliva for making some song 9 years ago, that was silly enough to stick in my head for a few days and send me to the store.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:42:00 AM by seattlesound »

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »

There was this guy I had a huge crush on in high school ('92/'93).  One day he invited me over to his house to hang out.  We ended up "hooking up" that night and Core was playing in the background.  I specifically remember the song Plush.  I've been a fan of STP ever since.  I still think of him every time I hear Plush.  *sigh*
I guess this happened on Naked Sunday.  :P
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »

Yeah, he'd been waiting for his Sunday girl
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

Nah guys, it had to be on a Monday morning, when she was havin her toast and coffee
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 07:29:09 PM »

Nah guys, it had to be on a Monday morning, when she was havin her toast and coffee

But still I wonder why, I ever let myself take my own advice.
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 04:05:20 AM »
I remember my Dad playing Core and Purple a ton back in the 90's as a young boy.  I remember seeing the Vasoline video on MTV at one point too, I used to watch MTV a lot when I was 4-6 for Beavis and Butthead.  Come the early 2000's I don't remember my Dad playing as much STP, I don't think he bought No. 4 or SLDD.  He kept buying Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan albums so I heard those a lot around then (the Zwan album and Pearl Jam's Riot Act).

In late 2005 I was entering my teen years and my Dad pulled out some of his old CD's including STP, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam's earlier stuff.  He played me STP's Core and I connected with it immediately, I then sought out the rest of their discography and when I heard Interstate Love Song/Vasoline I remembered them from when I was younger (and finally realized they were STP).  They instantly became my favorite band and I began the process of pining for them to reunite for the next few years.  The first Scott/STP related show I saw was Velvet Revolver in Costa Mesa, California in July 2006 when they did a few summer fair shows before heading into the studio to start working on Libertad.

When Scott announced the STP reunion in January 2008, that was probably one of the greatest moments of my life.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:32:14 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11