October 04, 2024, 05:36:07 AM

Author Topic: STP on Metal evolution show  (Read 4455 times)

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP on Metal evolution show
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
did anyone else see this episode last night on metal evolution? At first i was excited i thought they were gonna say some cool stuff about stp since they were talking about Alice in chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana and all the other grunge bands. But they didnt even mention stp til like the end and they put them in the same category as creed and nickelback really?? i thought it was a joke clearly the dipshit guy on that show knows nothing about these bands he called stp post grunge. The guy said all these bands died in 1994 either hiatus or suicides i wanted to say are u serious have u not heard a little album called PURPLE? I thought that old stp reputation was gone and they are being praised now a days but i guess some people still dont get it. I know stp is not grunge thats just a dumb label these bands got called they are all either straight rock in roll or metal with some punk mixed all together. The point is stp would still be around without any of those bands cause that guy was saying stp only exists cause of pearl jam and all that bs. Zeppelin and Bowie mixed together is what i hear in stp NOT pearl jam.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Metal evolution show
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
                                  Yah that's pretty lame that they got labeled as grunge or compared to other Seattle bands as well or died after 1994. Actually that just goes to show you how generic that metal program is. If it was Spin or RollingStone their facts would be legit and up to date. That show can't even get newer facts from those rock bands,STP past the 90's. Fail.  >:(

8)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:09:18 AM »
I noticed that, but on the bright side they weren't mentioned as grunge copycats like Candlebox or Creed were. The segment with Chad Kroeger was hilarious, though.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:40:23 AM »
STP are kind of weird in terms of genre, i think core was more grunge than anything, everything else after core is just rock to me.

I noticed that, but on the bright side they weren't mentioned as grunge copycats like Candlebox or Creed were. The segment with Chad Kroeger was hilarious, though.

it seems if any brings that up to chad he gets real pissed real fast, chad always seems to know exactly how many nickelback fans there are.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:49:40 AM »
STP are kind of weird in terms of genre, i think core was more grunge than anything, everything else after core is just rock to me.

it seems if any brings that up to chad he gets real pissed real fast, chad always seems to know exactly how many nickelback fans there are.

I understand getting pissed if you're always being told that your band sucks, but he's openly admitted that he knows they suck, but would rather churn out the same crap for cash rather than progress and contribute something useful to the music world.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »

I understand getting pissed if you're always being told that your band sucks, but he's openly admitted that he knows they suck, but would rather churn out the same crap for cash rather than progress and contribute something useful to the music world.

Well, if people are still buying, why change the product? Once people stop buying Nickelback records and stop going to there shows, then they might consider changing up their material. I don't see that happening.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 03:00:39 AM »
I'm surprised Chad hasn't been killed by some high school girl's dad yet.