September 20, 2024, 08:17:53 AM

Author Topic: song for sleeping unveiled !!!!  (Read 4947 times)

renattozerga

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
song for sleeping unveiled !!!!
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:09:08 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR0622ww-ls 

THIS IS SCOTT'S ATTEMPT TO PORTRAIT JOHN LENNON'S BEAUTIFUL BOY, AS EVERYBODY MUST KNOW, SCOTT IS A BEATLEMANIAC , BUT TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL WITH THIS ONE AND STARTED BEING A LITTLE UNORIGINAL IN THIS CASE  !!!   ALL WITH THE BEST INTENTIONS OF COURSE BUT THIS TOO OBVIOUS TO NOT SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
Re: song for sleeping unveiled !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »
Even if this gets me banned, your comparison is between the two songs is absolutely ridiculous, and so is this thread.

For the record, No, Scott Weiland didn't copy Beautiful Boy by John Lennon, and there's no evidence in the song Song For Sleeping that points to that. I may be a bored STP nerd that comes on to these boards and rants, but you, whoever you are, are just plain bored, and clearly.... not well-versed in persuasive arguing, or in pop culture in general.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:38:19 PM »
Actually, as Scott said, "A Song For Sleeping" was inspired by Alex Chilton's "Blue Moon": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxjt144-QI

Writing a song for your child won't make you unoriginal. I also think Scott's song is the better one out of the three.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:42:24 PM »
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:20:14 AM »
Even if this gets me banned, your comparison is between the two songs is absolutely ridiculous, and so is this thread.

For the record, No, Scott Weiland didn't copy Beautiful Boy by John Lennon, and there's no evidence in the song Song For Sleeping that points to that. I may be a bored STP nerd that comes on to these boards and rants, but you, whoever you are, are just plain bored, and clearly.... not well-versed in persuasive arguing, or in pop culture in general.

you seriously thought that might get you banned? pfff. Please. Child's play. I say things more offensive on a weekly basis and I'm still lurking around.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:12:55 AM »
Renattorzerga just couldn't resist making a thread just for one youtube video.  Knew it wouldn't last.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:17:43 AM »
Renattorzerga just couldn't resist making a thread just for one youtube video.  Knew it wouldn't last.

Blame MrKerosene for bumping an almost week old thread.
Bleeda blooda

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:51:53 AM »

Oops, my apologies.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 04:01:01 AM »

Oops, my apologies.

No need to apologize. It's the internet. 
Bleeda blooda

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »

Haha. Go ahead and blame me, or just choose to ignore the whole thing. You have options...
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
huge thanks to renattozerga for getting to the bottom of this