September 20, 2024, 01:02:55 AM

Author Topic: Song Lyrics by Heart  (Read 6231 times)

Silver guns and Candybars

Re: Song Lyrics by Heart
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »

Dead & Bloated
Sex Type Thing
Creep
Wet My Bed
Vasoline
Silvergun Superman
Big Empty
Unglued
Army Ants
Trippin' on a Hole in Paper Heart

Dude that's it?

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
I thought this was going to be about songs from the band Heart .. so dissapointed ;(

Haha, I thought about that moments after starting the thread.

C'mon. People REALLY know all the words to Only Dying without listening to it? I find that hard to believe.

To be perfectly honest, I've never really been a lyric guy. I'm more into melodies, instrumentals, guitar changes, etc. I am not going to list their entire song cataloge and claim that I know all the words, because I probably don't. I know snippets of each song. But to say I know the entire song, probably not. Does that make me less of a fan? Definitely not.

Hell, I just realized I've been butchering Trippin for about 15 years until I saw the words on the big screen. Hehe.

I'm with you on this. I definitely know snippets of every song, and not knowing ALL their song lyrics by memory does not make me less of a fan -- or anyone else for that matter. Actually, I remember in the late 90's when I was determined to learn all the lyrics to Trippin' just because I thought I'd be really cool to showoff in front of my friends. That was one of the first songs I memorized the lyrics to. I could spout them out really fast in under a minute.

Or do we all just hum along?

Haha...that's me.  I am sooo not a singer.  But I love these songs all the same.

I love this! I do hum along when uncertain.

Dead & Bloated
Sex Type Thing
Creep
Wet My Bed
Vasoline
Silvergun Superman
Big Empty
Unglued
Army Ants
Trippin' on a Hole in Paper Heart

Dude that's it?

Yes. If my life depended on it, these are the songs that I 100% can rely on to know every lyric without the accompaniment of the music.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 01:43:42 AM »
I probably only know about 60-70% of Scotts lyrics on any given song.  He is a great singer, but I usually interpret the songs with my own lyrics. 

off the top of my head, I can't think of any verses from Seven Caged Tigers.   "Take your time, take a time, take (ehhh something something...I don't care it just sounds nice) 

I also sing Lounge Fly..."the lounge fly, the lounge fly, THE FUCKIN LOUNGE FLY(instead of the fly it brings me.) 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:49:51 AM by Casual »

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 06:53:32 PM »
hmm, I'd say all of them. I may have some problems with certain songs like Pop's Love Suicide

I know nothing about guitar, bass, drums, singing, I have to AT LEAST learn the proper lyrics ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"