October 03, 2024, 05:30:26 AM

Author Topic: 2011-09-11 - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre  (Read 7094 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2011-09-11 - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »

No need to bring that in here.  If you prefer Pearl Jam music go to a PJ show, same thing with STP.  And the PLush comment?  Really?  What is this, 1993?

The Plush comment was clearly a joke. Sorry that you didn't get it. I much prefer STP's music to PJ's music, but STP shows are boring these days. It's the same 15 songs every night, and they don't sound as good as they used to. PJ played over 30 songs the other night, and they had Chris Cornell join up with them for a little Temple of the Dog thing. Glen Hansard was there as well. When was the last time STP had a special guest with them? Was it when the guy from Linkin Park came out? Wow, that's cool.

Seriously, I love STP and would much rather listen to their music than PJ, but STP shows just have nothing special to them anymore.

And why would anyone go see a band 7 times if they don't like the singer's voice?

They brought Robbie Kreager from the Door out last year and performed Roadhouse Blues with him
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »
I was also at the Albany show - 3rd row from the stage... as a fan, I was disappointed - despite Scott's moving around, the band didn't seem to be tight and there wasn't that high "energy" feel radiating from the stage except from Robert.  He worked his BUTT off and actually looked like he enjoyed performing.  There was a timing mess up in Still Remains - good rebound from the band - Dean never really looked like he was enjoying himself.  The band - to me - looked as if they were overall tired and ready for a rest.  True, they have been on the road a long time but they signed up for this and are getting paid.  I love STP and Scott and consider myself lucky to have seen them in Albany since we trekked from Toronto for this show.  It just seems that everytime they seem to slip, there are last minute announcements or cancellations.  Scott is on Weiland time as we all know and seems to have no regard for the waiting fans.  True - I don't know this for certain - but it is my perception.  Having met him a few times - he seemed very sincere one on one.  It just seemed that his performance was insincere - as if to say - see, I show up late and you still love me.  Hopefully I am mistaken.  I know that there are a few on this message board that  take these kind of comments to heart but this is just my opinion - no offense to anyone.  Having said all of this, I really don't but the throat inflammation thing - but - hope that they all regroup and chill for a bit before returning to the road.

MattWales

• STPtribute.com
  • Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • STPtribute.com
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
Interesting.  Looks like STP blows through 15 songs in their set.  Check out Pearl Jam's set.  25 songs.  Who's getting their money's worth.  WTF, guys.

Fuck Pearl Jam! I was a huge fan for the first 2 albums, but then vedder got on his I don't want to be a rockstar kick and fired the best drummer they ever had. The music has never been the same. I even saw the tour a few years back with the self titled album. still not the same. I saw them back in the day all three 1st tours. They were out of control. but then it got weak.

Scott is the ROCKSTAR and will always be the ROCKSTAR I love!

STP's music is so much better then PJ. The DeLeo's are the best song writers. STP RULES.

MattWales

• STPtribute.com
  • Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • STPtribute.com
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41h9gT5MQDg

Looks like they were ROCK'N to me.

Scott is fine here. Sounds great! ROCKSTAR!

I would have been in the front giving them the support they deserve, late or not!

STP RULES!

8)