October 03, 2024, 11:34:52 PM

Author Topic: About MyFavoriteCagedTiger  (Read 3540 times)

MyFavoriteCagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'll breathe your life, Vick's Vapor life
    • View Profile
About MyFavoriteCagedTiger
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
Hey yall, (Rouge) Keaton standing by

Besides STP, I absolutely adore really under-rated people such as Kurt Vonnegut, J.D. Salinger, Flannery O'Connor, Joseph Keller, etc.

Music-wise, I'm stuck in a big swamp of blues and all blues-subsidiaries (living a mere 3 hours away from Drew where the Delta stuff started does all to enhance that.) I really dig Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Blake, Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith, Son House, as well as some of the newer (er50s) like Muddy Waters and Willie Dixon and Otis Redding and Buddy Guy and B.B. King. And the progression continues into The Yardbirds, The Doors, Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Joplin, Skynyrd, Sly and the Family Stone, Tower of Power and all those other cool cats from the 60s and 70s. As much as I love SRV and ZZ Top, I have a massive appreciation for Ratt, Dokken, INXS, The Cure, Winger, and all the other glam bands or pop funk bands. And then the 90s. Mad Season, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Talk Show, Blind Melons, Black Crowes, Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Standard issue. However, the only 00s bands that really caught my interest are Rival Sons, Taddy Porter, Black Rebel Motorcycle CLub, JetStream, and Mia Borders. and some local people i wont mention. PLEASE GO LOOK UP THE 00S BANDS YOU WILL LOVE THEM AND THEY NEED THE SUPPORT

I also front my own blues-rock band, Last to Know, based out of Laffy, LA. Although I'd rather sit back and lay down a funky foundation, circumstances mandate I sing and play bass, meaning I take more of an SRV style to playing, trading off lead parts with vox and bass. But it's all good.

I LOVE Star Wars. I have 4 shelves full of expanded universe books.

I think Robert Deleo is the pinnacle of pure musical talent.

I think Scott Weiland is the pinnacle of lyrical ingenuity.

I think the Kretzle and Dean are pretty cool guys as well.

Hit me up scruffy-looking nerf-herders:)
You'll never lose it cuz you never had it

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
Re: About MyFavoriteCagedTiger
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
Looks like we've got very similar tastes when it comes to the classics ( 40's-70's )

Always loved taking the old blues riffs from the 40's and 50's and distorting the hell out of them ( playing them clean is always great too ). First time I've ever heard anyone mention Son House too... Low Down Dirty Shame was the first song I ever learned on acoustic

Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 08:49:36 AM »
Ooooh shit, Josh. Looks like you're going to have a manVcrush on this guy because of the Star wars crap. :)

Welcome to the boards!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »
Welcome (Rouge) Keaton! ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"