September 19, 2024, 11:37:17 PM

Author Topic: 'Plush' cover by Andrew Jackson Jihad...  (Read 4272 times)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
'Plush' cover by Andrew Jackson Jihad...
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:02:39 AM »
I apologize ahead of time for sharing this monstrosity.  Not really sure if it's my fascination with bad videos or the asperger's lead singer, but I couldn't stop watching this train wreck. 

http://www.avclub.com/video/andrew-jackson-jihad-covers-stone-temple-pilots-207538
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 'Plush' cover by Andrew Jackson Jihad...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:50:44 PM »
Ugh.  My ears are forever unclean!  I dont know if I hate the singer's voice or the music more. 

(that was awful)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:23 PM »
I couldn't stop watching this train wreck. 

same here, not sure if it's funny or what, but I can't stop.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »
the worst part was reading the comments and seeing how many people thought it was good and better than the original. god people are stupid

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 02:35:44 PM »
Oh. my. god.  This is a crime against humanity.  What the fuck did they do to Plush?  They completely violated the song.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »
         Well people on here were saying how terrible the performance is so I had to give it a listen myself....
Honestly I give them props for trying something different with the song. I like what they did with the end where it sounds more like the actual song. I don't think it's that bad. We're just not used to hearing it in that rendition, But I will say one thing....this is basically the 2014 HIPSTER version of the song. So because of that I give it a 5 out of 10.   :P

8)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 07:33:37 AM »
         Well people on here were saying how terrible the performance is so I had to give it a listen myself....
Honestly I give them props for trying something different with the song. I like what they did with the end where it sounds more like the actual song. I don't think it's that bad. We're just not used to hearing it in that rendition, But I will say one thing....this is basically the 2014 HIPSTER version of the song. So because of that I give it a 5 out of 10.   :P

8)

Different doesn't equal good. If I auto-tuned narwhal farts to the melody of Stairway to Heaven, it would be different... But that doesn't make it good.

He sang it off key, they didn't play the right chords, they fucked up the temp (beyond playing it up-tempo, they kept losing the tempo)... I get that they're intentionally playing it bad and all, but that doesn't exactly demand respect.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:59:36 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
Actually its not bad once you get used to the form they're playing it in .. the end is strong, sounding more like the original, like the violin
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"