October 04, 2024, 12:33:48 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland in Toronto  (Read 8647 times)

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland in Toronto
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »
Kshamrock - you answered yourself there.  When you are in an uncomfortable place - you do tend to suffer from lightning fast brain disconnection from mouth.  I suffer from this a lot also!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 11:00:15 PM »
ugh that was painful to watch. He's not always like that though.. I've seen recent clips of him where he's animated and quick on the draw. Maybe he's worn out, maybe it's some kind of medication thing. I dunno. he does seem to be struggling for words here though.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
Did Scott say he sends text messages to Matt Sorum and that they've made amends?
Bleeda blooda

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 12:43:53 AM »
SOme of that was very painful to watch ... Scott shouldnt be like that at his age, sounds like a WWII vet.

Gotta check out that line

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 01:38:53 AM »
What I find weird is that he's still able to sing without all the stuttering, maybe he should sing while speaking so he can make more sense?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 02:04:11 AM »
What I find weird is that he's still able to sing without all the stuttering, maybe he should sing while speaking so he can make more sense?

I said it once, i'll say it again. I really think it's an act a la jim morrison. Not that morrison's gig was an act but i think weiland's trying to be like him. Come on, not even frusciante or steven adler take that long to compose thoughts in interviews
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

I said it once, i'll say it again. I really think it's an act a la jim morrison. Not that morrison's gig was an act but i think weiland's trying to be like him. Come on, not even frusciante or steven adler take that long to compose thoughts in interviews
Don't know if it's like he's trying to, but I do believe it has more to do with "vices" at the moment of speaking,"filler words" (not sure if that's the proper English term).
Besides I don't see it THAT terrible, I've seen worse "ummm" of him.

Thank god, Scott said something about the Xmas record.
So he'll cover the "Little Drummer Boy". It was covered by David Bowie and Bing Crosby as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMhSjDqvRs
It was kinda disappointing the interviewer didn't bring it up and had to be Scott the one who did.
He said "jazzy" a couple of times, this is gonna be so good!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:05:08 PM by Shangri »
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Pruno315

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08:21 PM »

Ozzy sings without the stuttering.  From the Mayo Clinic Website: 

"Stuttering often gets worse when you're excited, tired or under stress, or when you feel self-conscious, hurried or pressured. Speaking in front of a group or talking on the telephone can be particularly difficult.

Although it's not clear why, most people who stutter can speak without stuttering when they talk to themselves and when they sing or speak in unison with someone else."

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 05:54:02 AM »
 Yeah Shangri was right I started this thread in The Scott section but it got locked. This has nothing to do with Happy in Galoshes.  Oh well atleast I got to make a coffee run for the gang.
  hawk.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »

Ozzy sings without the stuttering.  From the Mayo Clinic Website: 

"Stuttering often gets worse when you're excited, tired or under stress, or when you feel self-conscious, hurried or pressured. Speaking in front of a group or talking on the telephone can be particularly difficult.

Although it's not clear why, most people who stutter can speak without stuttering when they talk to themselves and when they sing or speak in unison with someone else."

The reason is because singing is scripted.  You don't have to put as much thought into what you will say next, as when you are speaking.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »
  The thing was that he had just woken up and 2:30pm is early for a guy who sweats his bag off every night and I believe that they arrived early in the morn from Pittsburgh.  100% he went back to bed after this cause when he was leaving the Hudson for the gig his eyes were much more wide open and he was smiling alot.
  hawk.
ps I couldn't imagine believe involved in so much hoopla I 'd be dead in a month.

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 01:18:45 AM »
Sorry for the late post... I was there with my girlfriend from Kentucky.. funny thing is that I was there at 9am before the media and most of the work crew arrived.... when they started showing up, my hubby (who was with me at the time) asked where the line would start... looking back it seems kind of funny because there never was one.....  not enough people to require it..... the work crew actually thought that my hubby was a representative from Scott's team and that he was there to organize things.. now THAT was really funny...... anyhow.. stood around for more hours than I care to admit..... my band was playing the pre-show at The Loose Moose prior to the STP concert that night and we were supposed to do our own soundcheck at 4 but everything was delayed because Scott was a 1/2 hour late..... Alan Cross kept saying that he would arrive in 10 minutes but we all knew that that was a joke and laughed... I'll never forget when Scott got there and walked onto the stage..... he looked so out there..... then he started singing "Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars......" this was AWESOME to me because my mom used to sing me that song... everyone else looked like "what the f*ck is he singing".... once he ended, there was a silence as Scott just stood there.... it seemed that people didn't know what to do next until someone started to applaud..... yup.. the interview was loooooong....... but.. I was happy.... it was worth it to me... got some awesome pics and got to shake Scott's hand.......  he didn't get a great turn out but at least the people that did show up were true fans..... I have to admit that I was thrilled that the few who were there to get autographs so that they could sell them later got nothing..... served them right.  I love Scott - I've been fortunate to have a few encounters with him in 2010..... but I must admit... he looked out of it and spacey...... maybe it's an act but I can only compare him to others that I have seen that have equally if not more hectic schedules and they appear to be much more coherent..... I am hopeful that he is healthy and doing well.... he was kind to me more than once and I'll never forget it.