September 20, 2024, 01:50:31 AM

Author Topic: I say Scott, you say Weiland.  (Read 9996 times)

AustinCarstens

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Why just Weiland?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »
Growing up in his neighborhood a lot of kids went by their last names, so Weiland had a ring to it. He liked because he thoughh it was similar to 'Morissey" not sure why he went to his full name.

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 05:30:47 AM »
yeah, it's simply what people called him back then. I think Purple was a far more personal record for Scott, so he thought he'd introduce himself proper...
I had the midwife naked and alone

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »
i think its a cleveland sort of thing when he was young(=^;^=)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »
Growing up in his neighborhood a lot of kids went by their last names, so Weiland had a ring to it. He liked because he thoughh it was similar to 'Morissey" not sure why he went to his full name.

All boys went by their last names growing up, especially in a sports setting. Hell, we still call eachother by our last names. It's a guy thing.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

AustinCarstens

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:07 PM »
All boys went by their last names growing up, especially in a sports setting. Hell, we still call eachother by our last names. It's a guy thing.

agreed

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »

Exactly.

Somehow we've got a whole thread on why Scott went by "Weiland", but no one cares that the DeLeos and Scott always refer to Kretz by his last name.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 02:26:01 AM »
maybe its the fact of his past life..with his father issue.. maybe it was a form of respect to himself to call himself "Weiland" after being taken in from his step father.. in the family line

maybe Scott was just who he didn't wanna be or didn't wanna have at that time..

theres alot of questions that will never be answered but formal seems appropriate to the discussion
" I have to return some video tapes "