September 30, 2024, 08:28:01 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots played full length on tour?  (Read 9387 times)

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine hearing the entire new CD in concert...
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
It would actually maybe be worth $80 to see them again if they played the entire CD live and, of course, some of their old hits to fill out the set. This is STP, though,  that will NEVER happen. The most new songs you'll hear at any one show will be four ... maybe five.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
Honestly, I don't think I want them to play the whole album live.  I like the format of the shows the way it is.  Definitely wouldn't want to hear Dare If You Dare live, definitely not my favorite.
08-03-00 Spectrum
05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
08-14-11 Musikfest

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
It was awesome getting to see Aerosmith play almost all of "Toys In The Attic" live.

i got to catch that last year and it was incredible (its my fav album ever) i never thought i would get to see some of those songs live and i was blown away

Yeah, it's my favorite album by them and I caught the very first show on that tour in St. Louis. I was very disappointed when they didn't play "You See Me Crying," but was thankful I got the chance to see what I did since I knew the "playing the entire album" thing wouldn't last. Of course, I didn't expect the cancellation of the entire tour and all that drama (to that extent at least), but still knew they'd give in and go back to a more hits based setlist at some point in the tour.

Never would have guessed it's your favorite!

hehehe yeah i guess its pretty obvious its my fav. but yeah i was disappointed that they weren't playing you see me crying, its one of my favorites off the album, but i knew going into the show they weren't so it wasn't as big a disappointment. i wish they would have kept up with it, ive seen them so many times that it was great to hear them change things up, i almost pissed myself when they broke into combination later in that show, i never thought i was going to hear that one live ever, hopefully they will break out some lesser known songs at the show im going to at fenway park
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
It was awesome getting to see Aerosmith play almost all of "Toys In The Attic" live.

i got to catch that last year and it was incredible (its my fav album ever) i never thought i would get to see some of those songs live and i was blown away

Yeah, it's my favorite album by them and I caught the very first show on that tour in St. Louis. I was very disappointed when they didn't play "You See Me Crying," but was thankful I got the chance to see what I did since I knew the "playing the entire album" thing wouldn't last. Of course, I didn't expect the cancellation of the entire tour and all that drama (to that extent at least), but still knew they'd give in and go back to a more hits based setlist at some point in the tour.

hehehe yeah i guess its pretty obvious its my fav. but yeah i was disappointed that they weren't playing you see me crying, its one of my favorites off the album, but i knew going into the show they weren't so it wasn't as big a disappointment. i wish they would have kept up with it, ive seen them so many times that it was great to hear them change things up, i almost pissed myself when they broke into combination later in that show, i never thought i was going to hear that one live ever, hopefully they will break out some lesser known songs at the show im going to at fenway park

Now you got something to make me jealous, since you're going to the Fenway show. I'm going to the Chicago one this August though. Which unfortunately was part of why I can't catch STP in Chicago (since I already have concert tickets for the same day as the STP show and can't really afford to drive 3 hours to Chicago twice in one weekend, nor can I grab a hotel and just stay there for three days).

Which is why STP needs to add St. Louis/Bloomington/Peoria to their schedule. :)
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

Now you got something to make me jealous, since you're going to the Fenway show. I'm going to the Chicago one this August though. Which unfortunately was part of why I can't catch STP in Chicago (since I already have concert tickets for the same day as the STP show and can't really afford to drive 3 hours to Chicago twice in one weekend, nor can I grab a hotel and just stay there for three days).

Which is why STP needs to add St. Louis/Bloomington/Peoria to their schedule. :)

I want to go to both shows too, or one or the other. However, my wife's BBF is due with her second child on the 20th of August. (Day of the STP show) So if she's planning to be at her side, I'll have to watch Henry. Unless Henry wants to take in his first STP or Aerosmith concert :) Though taking a one year old to a concert PROBABLY isn't a good idea.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »
I don't know, I still give my mom shit for not taking me when she went to see Def Leppard when they played my city in 1988... Since I was just under two years old at the time!

Could be the case for you with Aerosmith or STP down the line, haha.
Curt

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

well i do have two extra tickets for Fenway if your interested but im a jerk and trying to make a profit off them to pay off my ridiculously over price STP VIP tickets haha ;)

that really sucks about those two shows. i wouldn't know what to choose, aerosmith has been my favorite band since i was a little kid but to turn down STP is extremely hard to. and not to be pestimistic but with all the drama aerosmith went through this past year and seeing STPs past you never know if it will be your last time seeing the band for a long time.

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
Well Boston is a little too far away from me, but thanks anyway! Yeah I already had tickets for Cheap Trick right here in my city for August 20 and I'm definitely catching Aerosmith on August 22 so the two Chicago trips that weekend just weren't going to work. But I'm holding STP to their word that they'll be touring into 2011 and they have to come closer on a date I can make at some point, I just hope it's sooner rather than later!

And I hope at least four songs (including Huckleberry) are still in the setlist by then.
Curt

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »
haha its cool man, id rather sell them to a random person for as much i can get out of them muahaha  ;D

i saw cheap trick open for aerosmith a few years back and they kicked ass.

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »
Yeah, I saw them open for Aerosmith back in '04 and saw them open for Lep twice last year.

I saw on BE that Cheap Trick toured with STP in the 90's... Was CT opening for STP? That's seems like an odd pairing.
Curt