September 19, 2024, 10:08:50 PM

Author Topic: Tell Us: Your Favorite Album and Why (should be specific)  (Read 9282 times)

huckleberrycrumble78

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Tell Us: Your Favorite Album and Why (should be specific)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »
Thanks (anSTPfan) Karma point coming your way. Keep up the good vibes

Knuckles

• Soaked at Donington
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
I love them all but I would say my favorite is Purple. It came out my sophomore year of high school. I remember it was a beautiful June day on Southern California and me and my then girlfriend skipped school to go to the local music plus store to pick up the new album. We then went to my house which was empty as the folks were at work and just blasted the CD and well, you know.  That was a big deal for us since neither of our folks would ever let us hang out alone or even go into each other’s rooms when we were visiting (probably for good reason). While I love all their CD's the memory of that June day is always something that makes me smile and Purple was right there to be the soundtrack to that great day!

Awesome story, that's what rock n roll is all about!

I love it when a cd is attached to certain moment in life. The music keeps those memories and feelings alive. I don't have a moment like that with a STP cd, but after I lost my virginity I went to a party and took UYI2 by GN'R with me, and just remember chilling back listening to it, whilst thinking about the girl I lost my V to.

My favourite STP is Tiny Music, just because I feel it balances out all the qualities of each of the other albums. It's rocking, it's mellow, it's trippy, and it flows. Not to mention the crazy artwork, that I still just love staring at, trying to work out a meaning/or the inspiration behind it.
I used to love you now I don't care

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »
I love them all but I would say my favorite is Purple. It came out my sophomore year of high school. I remember it was a beautiful June day on Southern California and me and my then girlfriend skipped school to go to the local music plus store to pick up the new album. We then went to my house which was empty as the folks were at work and just blasted the CD and well, you know.  That was a big deal for us since neither of our folks would ever let us hang out alone or even go into each other’s rooms when we were visiting (probably for good reason). While I love all their CD's the memory of that June day is always something that makes me smile and Purple was right there to be the soundtrack to that great day!

Awesome story, that's what rock n roll is all about!

I love it when a cd is attached to certain moment in life. The music keeps those memories and feelings alive. I don't have a moment like that with a STP cd, but after I lost my virginity I went to a party and took UYI2 by GN'R with me, and just remember chilling back listening to it, whilst thinking about the girl I lost my V to.

My favourite STP is Tiny Music, just because I feel it balances out all the qualities of each of the other albums. It's rocking, it's mellow, it's trippy, and it flows. Not to mention the crazy artwork, that I still just love staring at, trying to work out a meaning/or the inspiration behind it.

Agreed. And I feel like the album gets better over time, with each successive listen.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

sevencagedtigers

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snuffbooks.com
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 01:35:04 AM »
CORE-
Purple would be close to being the best. You can always judge a band's future by their second album. However, I agree with the first posting. There is no one I've ever met in person who would turn down a Core part 2 from them. It would be like Zeppelin one and 2. Both albums sound similar but very different as well. Scott's vocals are rough and mean and the band just flat out rocks.
Keep it Brutal at www.snuffbooks.com