September 20, 2024, 03:59:39 AM

Author Topic: Shangri La Dee Da Topic  (Read 37688 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Shangri La Dee Da Topic
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
I popped it in the car recently, and I have the album at work, so I listen to it quite a bit. I can agree that it gets better as the years go by. Although, I dislike Regerneration more so now then I did then for some reason. Too Cool Queenie has definitely become one of my favorites off the album, after the exquisite Hello, It's Late.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

JohnL

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Light My Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
It's an album of contrasts that's for damn sure. "Long Way Home" makes me wanna stab my ears out. Easily the worst stp song ever written.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »
I love Long Way Home! Wat a finisher, with the solo goin on n on as the song fades out, the solo reaching the best point at the fade out zone :)

PilotsinChains

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2010, 02:28:18 AM »
I've tried getting into this album but I honestly cannot. I love Dumb Love. I like DOTW but it really doesn't do anything for me. Then Coma and Hollywood bitch are some of my favorites songs followed by my 3 least favorite STP songs, period. Then I like 8-11, then "a long for sleeping" makes me want to go to sleep. "Long way home" is a good song and IMO finishes the album appropriately especially with the fading solo.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2010, 02:35:27 AM »
I couldn't ever get into the chorus of Regeneration. It isn't bad, but it just didn't resonate with me. Other than that section of the song, I really think the guitars are vintage Dean. It is such a cool song but the chorus doesn't do it for me. I really like the rest of the lyrics and the way Scott sings that one though.

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2010, 03:12:55 AM »
Quote from: "johnlatham"
It's an album of contrasts that's for damn sure. "Long Way Home" makes me wanna stab my ears out. Easily the worst stp song ever written.

Are you joking?!?  False

Art School Girl, MC5, Ride the Cliche, all easily worse.  Long Way Home is a great closer

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Sldd Playlist
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2010, 04:37:31 AM »
Quote from: "Kentaro"
'Long Way Home' and 'Where the River Goes' tries my patience...
Funny how I think those two songs are very underrated by STP fans.  I think Long Way Home and Transmissions from a Lonely Room could have been hits.  No air play though.

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2010, 05:04:47 AM »
I never liked MC5.  Just sounded like a mess to me then, and I dont listen to it now.  I do not miss it.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »
Quote from: "onecagedtiger"
I never liked MC5.  Just sounded like a mess to me then, and I dont listen to it now.  I do not miss it.

This is the Shangri topic.  :-