September 19, 2024, 11:48:25 PM

Author Topic: Samba Nova  (Read 9238 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Why Samba Nova?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »
I just dont like how SB is placed on the cd. Maver should be the closer of the album but it feels lke Somba' is

crackerman33

• Flight Attendant
  • "This is the song with no words"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »
I think Samba Nova is an amazingly beautiful song, both lyrically and musically. It really says alot about how diverse their talent goes. I definitely think they will put out a Bassa Nova album (eventually).

Since we did have access to this track prior, I agree that I would have rather heard a B-Side of this album.

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »
Well, B-Sides are becoming a thing of a past. Actually, they are morphing to what 'Samba Nova' is, an extra track.

Pearl Jam is well known for B-Sides. Their newest album, Backspacer, has no actual B-Sides. All of those tracks are replaced by other songs from the album. I guess this isn't the best example to use since they did not have a Deluxe/Special edition of the album.

At this point, I prefer extra songs on the deluxe version of the album as opposed to placed a B-Side. Yeah, its not the same, but it is one less thing to buy - plus it helps organizing songs on my iPod more efficiently.

Samba Nova is a great track regardless. I am happy to have it wherever it falls on the album.