October 04, 2024, 01:24:30 AM

Author Topic: Where are they now?- Below Empty Members  (Read 6283 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Where are they now?- Below Empty Members
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
Check out the Official Site for a new message from Scott. Oh, and on a side note, if you see Jessie from A New Meditation run away as fast as you can!

Hahaha found that on Silvergun Supermen.  Thanks for the links Jessie, brought back memories.  Too bad they didn't have Silvergun circa 1998 on the way back machine.

Absolutely - but I forgot a biggie!

http://www.stonetemplepilots.org - The Resurrection/The Res

I know someone who had another site (not me) that hacked into The Res and posted penis pictures all over the place.  They said the penis belonged to Sean, but that was never confirmed or denied.  Plus, no one really wanted to know.  But, it did happen, and it was hysterical.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »
Double-post... sorry... but it's about THE FTP - ah, my beloved FTP.  If only you hadn't gone away....

From the news section of Silvergun Superman:
From the mailbag: This info will also be posted through a link found on the left

To the webmasters and fans of Stone Temple Pilots:

Hello all, my name is Aaron (alias Meltdown07). You all may remember some time ago when Zach and Matt both hosted FTP's. So, seeing how I am on a very high-speed college Ethernet connection (10Mps), I decided to follow suit and host my own FTP site. Starting Tuesday, October 12th, 2000 my ftp will be up and available to the general public. My expansive collection includes many bootlegs and live performances, STP live and music videos (Sex Type Thing through Sour Girl), other STP rarities, and some Smashing Pumpkins (my second favorite band) songs/videos available for download. It will not however have any copyrighted studio music, I do not wish to have any money hungry recording company (in this case Atlantic) breathing down my neck. So don't ask me to post the Talk Show album or Core, or any other copyrighted material, because I will ignore the request. Also please understand that I am providing this free of charge, so don't attempt to hack or otherwise inflict harm on to my system, it will not be tolerated, and the FTP will go down immediately, and permanently. It is meant to be a place where all the wonderful STP fans can share their music. I encourage everyone to upload anything I don't yet possess, that is the only way to allow this community to flourish. To all the good STP web page hosts that have tested my FTP's stability and have contributed to its library I thank you again. Please don't attempt to access the FTP until the night of 10/12/00 at approximately 9:00PM CST, because it wont be available until then. Note: The FTP will not always be "on". But I will run it as often as I possibly can, which will be far more time than not. Basically if you attempt to access it at night, it will probably be up. When it does go online below is the login information you will need:

Login:stp
Password:fans
I.P. Address:128.211.214.20
Port:20
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
OK - first off, we all know about the Wayback Machine, right?  Takes you back in time to websites from other dimensions.  To the best of my knowledge, you need the Wayback to access any of these anymore - just paste the URL into the appropriate space on that page.

Like my old site:

A New Meditation:
http://www.geocities.com/anewmeditation   :D

Silvergun Superman
http://www.stpilots.com
(I think the Wayback can only get you to where Erik took over, not the older, Mills version)

Adhesive and Vasoline
http://www.toptown.com/nowhere/anti-you
(Says "Check out Below Empty, the newest addition to the STP Community" )

Opposite Octave Reaction:
http://members.tripod.com/~scotty_5/index.html      
(Weiland Solo Site)

That's all I've got for now.  I had all the old STP site links saved on my old computer, and sadly, she's looooong gone.

I had forgotten about literally every single one of these.  Thank you for making me feel old.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 03:49:50 AM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Double-post... sorry... but it's about THE FTP - ah, my beloved FTP.  If only you hadn't gone away....

From the news section of Silvergun Superman:
From the mailbag: This info will also be posted through a link found on the left

To the webmasters and fans of Stone Temple Pilots:

Hello all, my name is Aaron (alias Meltdown07). You all may remember some time ago when Zach and Matt both hosted FTP's. So, seeing how I am on a very high-speed college Ethernet connection (10Mps), I decided to follow suit and host my own FTP site. Starting Tuesday, October 12th, 2000 my ftp will be up and available to the general public. My expansive collection includes many bootlegs and live performances, STP live and music videos (Sex Type Thing through Sour Girl), other STP rarities, and some Smashing Pumpkins (my second favorite band) songs/videos available for download. It will not however have any copyrighted studio music, I do not wish to have any money hungry recording company (in this case Atlantic) breathing down my neck. So don't ask me to post the Talk Show album or Core, or any other copyrighted material, because I will ignore the request. Also please understand that I am providing this free of charge, so don't attempt to hack or otherwise inflict harm on to my system, it will not be tolerated, and the FTP will go down immediately, and permanently. It is meant to be a place where all the wonderful STP fans can share their music. I encourage everyone to upload anything I don't yet possess, that is the only way to allow this community to flourish. To all the good STP web page hosts that have tested my FTP's stability and have contributed to its library I thank you again. Please don't attempt to access the FTP until the night of 10/12/00 at approximately 9:00PM CST, because it wont be available until then. Note: The FTP will not always be "on". But I will run it as often as I possibly can, which will be far more time than not. Basically if you attempt to access it at night, it will probably be up. When it does go online below is the login information you will need:

Login:stp
Password:fans
I.P. Address:128.211.214.20
Port:20

Oh man that takes me back Jessie.  I was beginning to feel left out from the old school conversation.  I feel included now, yay!

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:42 AM »
OMG i remember that at the Silvergun Superman site. I could surf the web like a mofo but had no clue what a FTP was and when i saw IP address and Port i new i was never going to get at anything hosted there. Wow that makes me wish i was back in college!
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:10 AM »
i was here though i didnt sign up! just roaming around then reading the post and so on. but im glad STP withstood throughout the years and surpassing grunge(whateva?). STP you are undisputed..
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album