September 25, 2024, 05:31:59 PM

Author Topic: House Of Blues Concert from 2000 to be released on DVD  (Read 11910 times)

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: House Of Blues Concert from 2000 to be released on DVD
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
Quote from: "andrewivanhayes"
Quote from: "Blue"
If there are any old shows STP should be releasing on DVD it's House of Blues 99 (I believe there are only 5 videos released from an entire set of 18 tracks)

the Las Vegas, NV (1999-08-12) performance was broadcast during 'Spankin' New Music Week' on MTV2 back in 1999... I have a master recording of the performance... the televised broadcast included ten (10) songs:

http://www.visualmediatrade.com/modules ... etails=180

Nice collection! Any chance you could up some of these to dimeadozen.org etc.?
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 03:08:30 PM »
Is there a company in the US that is selling this DVD?  I've seen the link to the UK company, but is there a US one that is stocking it?
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 12:31:45 AM »
I'm not sure wether to order this or 'Sour sex & Violence', they are both the same price and I would like to own a silver version of this show. Could anyone comment on the quality of sour sex? Wether this version also has a logo throughout the show and is indeed pressed properly on a silver disc?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

RGF030

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »
I wont lie, im pretty bummed out this dvd is gonna be released as a legit official release. I was stoked to hear about it because the footage ive seen from this concert was excellent, they should definitely released one of the house of blues shows on dvd.

Whoever did the sound for STP live did a hell of a job. The drums sound fat and the bass sounds incredible. Great examples are Sex and Violence and Crackerman live on the Thank You dvd. Listen to that bass!

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
I'm not sure wether to order this or 'Sour sex & Violence', they are both the same price and I would like to own a silver version of this show. Could anyone comment on the quality of sour sex? Wether this version also has a logo throughout the show and is indeed pressed properly on a silver disc?

I have "Sour sex & violence" and I didn't notice any logo. Nice quality, good sound & picture. And pressed on silver disc.  8)
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10

Silvergun

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »
I ordered this from play.com and its on its way, I'll report back on how it is.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 11:37:33 PM »
Quote from: "ArnoldLayne"

I have "Sour sex & violence" and I didn't notice any logo. Nice quality, good sound & picture. And pressed on silver disc.  8)

Thanks for the info, I think i'll be ordering this one instead seeing as the other release has a logo and by the sounds of it is shitty quality...

Silvergun

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
I just watched the copy I got from Play.com, its the same thing we've all seen. No Still Remains, Wicked Garden, Creep or Atalanta. Its definatly a VHS convert to DVD, quality isn't like you'd expect on an official release obviously, but its not that bad. There is a lighthouse watermark in the top right hand corner, but it hardly detracts. For a few quid its worth having.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
So is this coming officially out or are all the available versions more or less bootlegs?
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
OK.  Sorry to be a pain in the ass - but can we slow this party down and backtrack for one second?  I went through and read the whole thread, but I'm still a wee bit lost.

This IS or IS NOT an official release?  Is this the same as the Pay-Per-View?

???    ???    ???
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »
STPGurl, you are not alone. I have been wondering the same thing. Official or not??
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »
Definitely not official. The quality is by all accounts not even as good as the divx movie that has been floating around for some time.

Frankly, I can't imagine why people are contemplating handing money over to a bunch of cowboys who are profiteering off the bands hard work and not paying them a penny.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 04:39:22 AM »
Quote from: "Pingfah"
Definitely not official. The quality is by all accounts not even as good as the divx movie that has been floating around for some time.

Frankly, I can't imagine why people are contemplating handing money over to a bunch of cowboys who are profiteering off the bands hard work and not paying them a penny.

This may not be the case, but if those cowboys have the entire show I went to in DVD, I'll pay for it  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 05:35:14 AM »
Just incase there is still any confusion, this is NOT an official release nor is it the FULL show. Apparantly it looks VHS sourced and it is the same version that has been available on the internet for years the only difference being the company who released it ('Lighthouse Records' I believe) have put their watermark in the top corner of the show. So probably not worth shelling out for unless you see it really cheap somewhere. Also another 'silver' unofficial DVD of the show exists with no watermark entitled 'Sour Sex & Violence'.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
Just incase there is still any confusion, this is NOT an official release nor is it the FULL show. Apparantly it looks VHS sourced and it is the same version that has been available on the internet for years the only difference being the company who released it ('Lighthouse Records' I believe) have put their watermark in the top corner of the show. So probably not worth shelling out for unless you see it really cheap somewhere. Also another 'silver' unofficial DVD of the show exists with no watermark entitled 'Sour Sex & Violence'.

Thank you, love.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!