September 20, 2024, 08:42:31 AM

Author Topic: Small article on Billboard  (Read 5181 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Small article on Billboard
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »
Even though it's an old article..

It's been almost nine years since Stone Temple Pilots released their last studio album, 2001's "Shangri-La Dee Da," and in the meantime, the '90s alternative rock titans have seen challenging times, from singer Scott Weiland's drug difficulties to the band's 2003 breakup. But after reuniting for an extended series of tours in 2008 and 2009, ideas started flowing for a sixth record, due this spring. In a year-and-a-half's time, "we went out on the road and came back to the studio, then went out and came back," bassist Robert DeLeo says. "We were always one of those bands that came in and put together an album in two weeks." He says the set will be a "well-rounded" balance of rock and ballads, while his brother, guitarist Dean DeLeo, says the record is a conscious effort to "branch out" and "step into some new terrain musically." As for what it's like to work together again, "Robert says it best," Dean says: "It's like getting into an unmade bed-it's kind of messy at first, but it's warm and cozy."'

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/stone-t ... 8454.story
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Small article on Billboard
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
Dean and the guys have used the messy-bed analogy a lot.  But I can understand why.

All of the excitement surrounding the new album release is awesome.  
Every day, I can't wait to log onto belowempty to see what's goin' on!

Thanks for posting this Ivy, I hadn't seen this yet.

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Small article on Billboard
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
"It's like getting into an unmade bed-it's kind of messy at first, but it's warm and cozy."

Ive heard them say this before, great quote.