September 20, 2024, 12:50:31 PM

Author Topic: 2010-03-30 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre  (Read 7777 times)

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-30 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 09:02:54 PM »
The show blew me away! I've now seen STP 7 times now and this show may have been the best. They have always been amazing so it's hard to rank the shows. Scott was on and so was the band. There was almost a slip up during the 2nd verse of Creep when Scott came in a little too early but then caught himself, stopped and got back on track. Dean's look at Scott was priceless... it was one of those "Don't start this again" looks. The on-stage chemistry was great though and Weiland took off his tie and threw it around Dean's neck. Then he stuck the mic between his legs. I've heard people mentioning that Scott was eating during the shows and he was again tonight. When I was on stage I saw potato chips and noticed that he was eating between songs. Scott came out right away and was ranting on something all the way up to the start of Vaseline to kick off the show. I don't know what else to say other than this was a great rock show!

And yes ryutahellhound I work for 93.1 The Fox

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 01:49:56 AM »
This was a really good show.  As already noted, Scott did mess up a couple of times, but nothing major at all.  The venue was really beautiful with statues surrounding the stage.  At one point, Scott climbed up and began to sing to one of the statues.  He appeared to be attempting to climb up the side of one (possibly to get to a raised level on the side wall), but got stuck.  Funny stuff...I have a picture on my phone if no one else posts a higher quality one.  Scott was also dancing on stage a lot more than he was on the last tour and had a bit more interaction with the crowd and with the band.  He also started the show with perhaps a poem...it was difficult to make out what he was saying, but it seemed to be one of his Jim Morrison moments (which I enjoy).  A great show...I wish that the set list was a bit longer with a few of my favorites, but overall very good.

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 02:39:14 AM »
Quote from: "bigemptysg"
I got mine 2 minutes after they went on sale and I ended up with row V! How did you get 5th row? Ticketmaster and Livenation suck!
I got mine on Tuesday morning at about 8:30 a.m. and ended up with Row C, Center Stage in the Pit!  I didn't think I would be able to go to the concert for a variety of reasons.  On Sunday, I was so bummed out that I decided I'd go alone and sit in the back row of the balcony if I had to.  I was ecstatic when we ended up with our great seats even though we bought our tickets Tuesday morning.

As my friend Mel put it, "The rock gods were smiling upon me."
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 02:48:43 AM »
STP were on fire all night long! Same setlist as they have been playing and I've got the setlist with me to prove it! Not only that, I also got to start off Dead & Bloated and then met the DeLeo's and Kretz after the show. Great night all around for STP.
I agree with you 150%!  In fact, "on fire" were the very words I used to describe the band last night.  

I didn't realize when I saw you get the setlist that you were the guy who started off Dead & Bloated.  I was about two steps behind you on that setlist.  They were generous with memorabelia!  I would have liked a towel or Scott's parting cigarette too!
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 03:10:15 PM »
Quote from: "T-Bone"
This was a really good show.  As already noted, Scott did mess up a couple of times, but nothing major at all.  The venue was really beautiful with statues surrounding the stage.  At one point, Scott climbed up and began to sing to one of the statues.  He appeared to be attempting to climb up the side of one (possibly to get to a raised level on the side wall), but got stuck.  Funny stuff...I have a picture on my phone if no one else posts a higher quality one.  Scott was also dancing on stage a lot more than he was on the last tour and had a bit more interaction with the crowd and with the band.  He also started the show with perhaps a poem...it was difficult to make out what he was saying, but it seemed to be one of his Jim Morrison moments (which I enjoy).  A great show...I wish that the set list was a bit longer with a few of my favorites, but overall very good.

Pic! pic! pic!  :D
I also looooooove his Morrison moments
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
Pic! pic! pic!  :D
I also looooooove his Morrison moments[/quote]

Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to post the pic.  I tried but I can't figure it out.

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 01:00:34 AM »
I have about 25 pics from front and center.  I don't know exactly how to post them to BE, so if anyone can explain it to me,  I'll be happy to share them.  ;)

Thanks,

Liz
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 01:03:11 AM »
Does by chance any one out there who went to this show have video of Dead & Bloated? I'm trying to find it. Surely someone does. That was a twice in a lifetime opportunity for me to start that one off with them ;D .

boynamedsue

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
Does by chance any one out there who went to this show have video of Dead & Bloated? I'm trying to find it. Surely someone does. That was a twice in a lifetime opportunity for me to start that one off with them ;D .

I tried to get a video of you doing the intro but my camera kept going dead. I did manage to sneak in a few vids:

Vasoline:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCXdvU-HU1I

Hollywood Bitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRltTYvxWk

Between The Lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbGoVsv_9j8

Huckleberry Crumble (partial)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AI2D9RPsU0

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 03:41:20 PM »
Quote from: "purpleflowers"
I have about 25 pics from front and center.  I don't know exactly how to post them to BE, so if anyone can explain it to me,  I'll be happy to share them.  ;)

Thanks,

Liz
you need to upload them to a site like photobucket or imageshack and then copy and past the img codes into BE..  can't wait to see
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 11:33:24 AM »
Well, it took me awhile, but I've posted the best of my STP, Louisville concert pictures to Photobucket.  I've never tried to do this before, so I hope it works.  

This was the best concert I've ever attended - perfect seats for my favorite band at their best!!!

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu25 ... 20%202010/
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:28 PM »
purple flowers - great job w/the pics - thanks!  ;) Lori

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »
Quote from: "purpleflowers"
Well, it took me awhile, but I've posted the best of my STP, Louisville concert pictures to Photobucket.  I've never tried to do this before, so I hope it works.  

This was the best concert I've ever attended - perfect seats for my favorite band at their best!!!

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu25 ... 20%202010/

You did have good seats!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"