September 25, 2024, 12:13:55 AM

Author Topic: [YouTube] Army of Anyone - 2007 Rehearsals  (Read 6747 times)

wickedpilot

• Co-Pilot
  • STP is kewl.
    • View Profile
    • www.stonetemplecopilots.com
Re: Awesome AOA Rehearsals
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 08:22:49 AM »
F-ing Ray Luzier!!!!  He is an intimidating drummer, by this I mean when you watch him play you just sit there-fascinated because of his insane ability, but also his smoothness with fills, and just overall awesomeness.  You drummers out there know what I'm saying.  Incredible.  Oh, and DeLeo's aren't bad either. ;)  This version of "It Doesn't Seem to Matter" is my favorite performance of theirs by far.
"Let's all fake happiness, we'll put on a good show."
"They hold for ransom all the watered down truth's that splintered your-faith."

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »
Quote from: "wickedpilot"
F-ing Ray Luzier!!!!  He is an intimidating drummer, by this I mean when you watch him play you just sit there-fascinated because of his insane ability, but also his smoothness with fills, and just overall awesomeness.  You drummers out there know what I'm saying.  Incredible.  Oh, and DeLeo's aren't bad either. ;)  This version of "It Doesn't Seem to Matter" is my favorite performance of theirs by far.

no doubt  when i saw them in concert i was in a fuckin trance just watching him...had no idea who he was but it was the first concert i ever went to that i actually paid attention to the drummer

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 11:42:32 PM »
yeah, Army of Anyone is an awesome band. unfortunetly i dont think a reunion would happen. right now Filter, Korn and STP would all have to be on a break at the same time and all bands agree that its okay for their AOA members to go and do the reunion....  :(

AOA as good as STP in my opinion. Richard Patrick is as competent a singer as Scott Weiland is and Ray Luzier is a better drummer than Eric Kretz.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
WoW! Loved It Doesn't Seem to Matter! Awesome guitar solo from Dean and Richard Patrick was belting out his voice pretty strong! Great collection of live rehearsal songs. A definite gem!!

O0

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »
do you have any other rehearsel videos? id pay good money to buy a dvd filled with these guys practising every song. those videos are awesome!!

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 02:54:05 AM »
That was great, thanks for the find!
adhesive love

XxCollinsxX

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:26 PM »
Quote from: "anSTPfan"
yeah, Army of Anyone is an awesome band. unfortunetly i dont think a reunion would happen. right now Filter, Korn and STP would all have to be on a break at the same time and all bands agree that its okay for their AOA members to go and do the reunion....  :(

AOA as good as STP in my opinion. Richard Patrick is as competent a singer as Scott Weiland is and Ray Luzier is a better drummer than Eric Kretz.

AOA was a great band unfortunately they didnt get any good crowds at their gigs...the songs were great, richard patrick is a sweet singer for sure.  as of ray luzier being a better drummer then eric..well...they are both different styles for the most part..im not sure if its by design on the stp records but eric cant really show his chops., on the AOA album there was a lot tunes where Ray cutt lose a little bit, their was an interview where ray said eric is a amazing drummer bcuz of his tempo control that he can keep infront of 20,000 people.  because as you all know stp's song are in mid-tempo.  so in saying that eric has been playing drum for a long long time...im sure if you went to his studio, or go to see a sound check i bet eric could beat on them with the best of them.  this is not an argument at all i just wanted to give u my option as well.