September 20, 2024, 06:55:14 AM

Author Topic: Scott...Clean or Sober  (Read 8875 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott...Clean or Sober
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 06:21:41 AM »
Man i dont even care anymore as long as he's doing ok and doing things his way, like Duff said in that radio interview "people keep asking me what happened with Scott and i'm getting tired of it I respect his privacy but something very very very bad happened and i will not touch on it." and there's another interview where he says it was really bad but he does not wanna discuss it.....may be it was something that happened when he missed that gig cuz i do not believe shit about him missing his plane or the weather thing with STP the whole band was there and in their statement to protect Scott's privacy it said "Not  all of the band members could make it" so it makes the rest of them look bad but again everyone knew what was going on. i think he's doing good now, i wanna say and think he is he wants to focus on his Softdrive and the bands within the label and you can't really do that high and he sees his kids more often so that probably helps a hell of a lot.
If you only knew..

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »
when exactly did Duff "send" Scott to rehab, wasn't it mid 2003? but he says he's been clean of H since dec 2002, so when Slash says stuff like "I'm a little concerned about his cehmical intake" in that inside out doc (2003) he must've been on something else maybe plus he was arrested for possesion may that year, wonder if he just remembers his sober date wrong...
I had the midwife naked and alone

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
Duff sent Scott to rehab months before the first live VR show at ElRey. It was Duff's martial arts rehab that he spoke highly of.
Hawk.
ps.December2002 is pretty close to 2003. Also everybody should honestly stop talking about Heroin. All through VR and Some STP pharmacutical opiates(pills crushed or snorted and even injected) are the way everybody's doin it. Oxycontin is a genetic replica of heroin and there are many variations of it but the rush,buzz and addiction are the same.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 03:14:07 PM »
It's easy to say you have been off of Heroin since 2002 and you can hide behind that. A knowledgable fan's key question for Scott is: " Scott almost 50% of working class American people suffer from Pharmacutical Opiate dependancy for their daily function. We all know you are like many and that urge will never go away. How goes your struggle with that and how often during a tour do you use and how are the meds that help block those urges?
  My personal opinion is that the use of strong legally prescribed opiates when taken by mouth are perfectly safe and will not kill you. A needle is the dagger. We all know what Scott is capable of on stage and I personally miss the screaming,jumping,crawling,swearing and crowd interactions while being loaded on pills. The only scary factor of oxy pill usage after a while they make you miserable and will definately lead to another break up. That's guaranteed.  They shows are ten times crazier. Just look at VR's Japan 05 vids and even RockAMRing 2007. Scott was on Fire almost the entire time with VR and that was some of the best on stage antics you'll even see.   I truly do miss the muthafucka's.
 hawk.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
Nobody should speculate whether he is sober or not. everything in rock n roll isn't really what it seems like there's plenty of rock stars of have gotten arrested for possession yet they have never used a drug, it's all for the image and the headlines, the same way that there's guys who have claimed to be sober for yrs and they're are huge addicts behind the curtain.
this is more of a pointless argument for any of of us, we will never know there's lots of things you can do at home without telling anyone all we know is what happens when he's on stage we really don't know much besides that. I do wanna think he's sober though....
If you only knew..

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »
Oh yeah for the most part he has been a changed man for the last year and a half foresure. Even if he was on anything he very skilled at it and you will very rarely ever see him make a mistake during showtime. I seriously admire that.  Just like Jerry Garcia. The stereotypical society folk has always branded Jerry as a druggie(heroin) which he was off and on for 30years. He never missed a show ,never fell down, never took off his clothes(thank god) and always had a very serious look on his face. Unbelievably professional because just Scott he loved putting on shows and that is what he did.
 Hawk.

yellerstang03

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 08:09:35 AM »
Look, as a local musician who has seen countless people on countless drugs, Weiland was very high last summer when I saw STP in San Diego in July '08.  I couldn't say what drugs they were, but that wasn't a sober guy I saw.

Go back and look at the footage from the '08 tour.  The Weiland in the April Houdini promo concert seemed lucid, together, able to form sentences.......he was pretty much with it.

In the 2-3 weeks before the '08 tour began, he must have gotten ahold of something.  Because the guy I saw, and the guy that appeared on countless youtube videos throughout the summer was totally blitzed!!.  Probably presrciption drugs or I wouldn't be surprised if it was combined with cocaine use.  Just because he isn't shooting heroin doesn't mean  he's not getting off some other way.

Also, on the solo tour he was totally ripped on prescription drugs, especially in the interviews.  Probably opiates.  The half-closed glassy eyes, the inability to form sentences.  Those are tell-tale signs of prescription drug abuse.

I will say this, though.  The small spring '09 tour, he looks/acts totally different than last year.  He looks almost as if he's been unplugged from the electricty he had last summer.  Clean and off cocaine/uppers or is he now just on the heavy opiates?  Who's to know?

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »
Personally, I think that someway in 2008, Scott must have OD' and fried his brain. Those Softdrive Vlogs are heartbreaking.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to his next interview. Curious if he'll still come off that way or seem more with it.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I'm looking forward to his next interview. Curious if he'll still come off that way or seem more with it.

This video was uploaded September 1st by Softdrive, it's Scott interviewing Something To Burn. Scott seems pretty with it, I think whatever demons he was chasing last summer are gone. He was going through a lot more stuff back then with the divorce, and recently losing his brother, so I think everything ahead is all rainbows and sunshine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgkLp-6slo
Bleeda blooda

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 02:00:29 AM »
Argentina 08 is definate benzo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawk

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 08:56:30 AM »
Quote from: "thefrontman55"
Ok so.... Take this anyway you want and i was gonna post this in the Cincinnati part of the forum but since this topic was brought up i feel better knowing that people might actually view this.

Ok so, i ran into a buddy of mine with one of his friends and we started talking about shows we've seen. My friend's friend works at Riverbend/PNC Pavillion. He talked about how apparently one of the stage workers had to help scott to his bus after the show on July 8th..... Now i have no idea what to make of this, for all i know this could be just some bullshit he made up, but i figured it was worth bringing up in such a topic.

I personally don't think it was anything to the extent of heroin or cocaine, maybe he was on another drinkiing binge i dunno, It's odd though because he sounded AMAZING that night so i don't quite understand what would lead him to collapse after the show. Maybe it was drugs or alcohol, maybe he's tired, maybe all the drugs in the past are catching up to him even more and are making him tired more easily i dunno.

Just thought that was worth bringing up....
I was at the Cincinnati concert on July 8th.  It is my opinion that IF Scott collapsed after the concert, it was because he was worn out.  He showed absolutely no signs of being impaired that night.  He wasn't super-energetic, but he never missed a beat, got all the lyrics right and was pleasant to the crowd.  When a person is high on heroin or prescription narcotics, the two things that can't be hidden are the "nod" and the relaxed facial muscles.  I did not see either of those signs.  As an addict myself, I KNOW what I'm talking about.  

Before we cast judgment on Scott, lets remember that he is 41 years old.  He can't be as energetic as a 20-30-something forever.  Also, we don't know IF he has decided to take bi-polar meds .  And, IF he is on Suboxone, it can produce a brief initial "high".  These are legitimate medications that he should not be judged for taking.  The disease of addiction is incurable and fatal.  All we can do is halt the progress and do whatever we have to do to avoid relapse.  It is not easy.  Scott is kicking ass and doing well.  Let him enjoy it.  You can't manage as many things as he is successfully managing if you are abusing drugs.  We should just love and support him and be there for him IF he falls.  He has shown in the past that he is more than capable of picking himself up, dusting himself off and getting on with his life.  He's gonna be making and managing great music for many years to come.
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »
Quote from: "purpleflowers"
Quote from: "thefrontman55"
Ok so.... Take this anyway you want and i was gonna post this in the Cincinnati part of the forum but since this topic was brought up i feel better knowing that people might actually view this.

Ok so, i ran into a buddy of mine with one of his friends and we started talking about shows we've seen. My friend's friend works at Riverbend/PNC Pavillion. He talked about how apparently one of the stage workers had to help scott to his bus after the show on July 8th..... Now i have no idea what to make of this, for all i know this could be just some bullshit he made up, but i figured it was worth bringing up in such a topic.

I personally don't think it was anything to the extent of heroin or cocaine, maybe he was on another drinkiing binge i dunno, It's odd though because he sounded AMAZING that night so i don't quite understand what would lead him to collapse after the show. Maybe it was drugs or alcohol, maybe he's tired, maybe all the drugs in the past are catching up to him even more and are making him tired more easily i dunno.

Just thought that was worth bringing up....
I was at the Cincinnati concert on July 8th.  It is my opinion that IF Scott collapsed after the concert, it was because he was worn out.  He showed absolutely no signs of being impaired that night.  He wasn't super-energetic, but he never missed a beat, got all the lyrics right and was pleasant to the crowd.  When a person is high on heroin or prescription narcotics, the two things that can't be hidden are the "nod" and the relaxed facial muscles.  I did not see either of those signs.  As an addict myself, I KNOW what I'm talking about.  

Before we cast judgment on Scott, lets remember that he is 41 years old.  He can't be as energetic as a 20-30-something forever.  Also, we don't know IF he has decided to take bi-polar meds .  And, IF he is on Suboxone, it can produce a brief initial "high".  These are legitimate medications that he should not be judged for taking.  The disease of addiction is incurable and fatal.  All we can do is halt the progress and do whatever we have to do to avoid relapse.  It is not easy.  Scott is kicking ass and doing well.  Let him enjoy it.  You can't manage as many things as he is successfully managing if you are abusing drugs.  We should just love and support him and be there for him IF he falls.  He has shown in the past that he is more than capable of picking himself up, dusting himself off and getting on with his life.  He's gonna be making and managing great music for many years to come.

Extremely well said.  :)
Bleeda blooda

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »
Quote from: "XxCollinsxX"
Now not that i care what he does..i just want opinions for everyone on what they think.
when i went to see them at the fillmore  in Detroit last summer..he seem a little out there still put on a amazing show..and from what i read about PNC and the show at Tampa (sorry for all you guys about that ) i think hes still using. he said he hasn't used herion since i believe 2002.  he went on howard stern a little while ago and for some reason hes pretty honest with him and told him he takes Suboxone. what Suboxone does is it block opioid receptors..so that the person can shoot up do whatever and wont feel the drug.  howard stern used it so he could get off herion.  so for a guy that supposedly been off it for 7 years why is he taking it.?
To answer your question, if you are an opiate addict, you know you aren't stupid, but you find yourself constantly detoxing and relapsing, even after periods of sobriety, Suboxone is excellent insurance against further relapse.   Addiction doesn't go away, EVER.  A legal, healthy alternative that blocks opiate receptors in the brain may be necessary for a very long time or even a lifetime.  Drugs will always be readily available and ever-present in the music industry.  Sometimes a good offense is the best defense.
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH