August 19, 2024, 02:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Scott live show performances  (Read 34705 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott has always fucked up/changed/missed some lyrics.
Just like ANY other frontman on a planet, more or less.

Believe me, the moment I saw your nickname I kinda knew what to expect from your thread.
Just be happy with the great new setlist, Scott's healthy look and his voice which is getting better and better. There's a HUGE improvement between Scott 2008 and Scott 2010 in every possible aspect.
No need to create a topic for a every single thought you have. I bet the day Scott will attain the perfection you'll create a "I'm Happy and I love Scott sooooooo much, but I don't like the way he smiles. He need a plastic surgery" thread
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

vicious1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile

Man! That's not really what I'm saying and you know it. I've seen so many shows and so many good ones at that - a stack of them have been STP shows - you wouldn't find it strange if the Deleo's in every song or 2 fucked up a chord or bassline - constistently? That doesn't happen often - and it's a very rare occurrence - this band musically is tight, proficient, well practiced, utilize loose grooves and subtle tempo variances in sections - and that's their sound

Think about how many versions there are of 'Tumble In The Rough' there are for example floating around - that have lyrics stuff ups in them. Scott used to be on-fire and he was like the James Brown (hardest working man in showbiz) of Rock - now he's boozing himself up and forgetting his own lyrics - like someone almost twice his age.

I'm not trying to insult the guy or appear unappreciative, or knit picking - I'm just a huge STP fan who's heard them throw around the word 'legacy' a bunch of times - and I don't want my fave band to have any blemishes on it.

My nickname by the way is purely coz nearly everything i tried on here was taken - and I was listening to - Lou Reed's 'Transformer' and Vicious - is track 1. Thus vicious1.

I love STP and I have since forever!

You also said Tyrant: There's a HUGE improvement between Scott 2008 and Scott 2010 in every possible aspect.
[/size][/color][/font]
I completely agree!, but you know - it's not like he was in a Coma for 5 years and came back and 'beat the odds' like some sort of story on Oprah. When it comes down to it he's a dude who's got about 70 possible songs to choose from for a set (usually consisting of 20 tunes) that he's written over 18 years - (mathematically, just under 4 songs a year). I feel that that's more than an adequate enough amount of time - to get that shit down.

Think - 'Vedder' pulls out obscure B-Sides and Covers all the time at PJ gigs - and he loves a few glasses/bottles of red during a show - but he's all over the lyrics - and when he's not - he uses his journal.

Anyway, I don't wanna fight with anyone on this board about STP - coz STP make me the happiest guy in the world!

Peace.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
My nickname by the way is purely coz nearly everything i tried on here was taken - and I was listening to - Lou Reed's 'Transformer' and Vicious - is track 1. Thus vicious1.
I was not talking about the nickname itself. I just wanted to point out that you are becoming famous for constant complaining.
Really, what's the point of this thread? You could easily post your opinion in an existing topic.
Topics like this only lead to flamewars.
Can we really find

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

vicious1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile

Constant complaining?

Give me more than one or two instances that this is so?

I've usually had nothing but good things to say - anyway 'Tyrant' - sorry i don't lurk around the board and critique everyone's opinions with a iron fist - like yourself.

My post was about - being thrilled with the new set - but just worried about my favourite frontman/musician out there.

Peace.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Constant complaining?
First of all there's exactly the same topic created by.....you
Called "Scott needs a Tele-Prompter with the Lyrics on stage."

and

What the fuck is Scott doing in the 2nd verse of TITR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvyICse-j0
Too much boozin'

They really need a tour psychiatrist I think and Scotty needs a minder.
And needs to stop smoking and drinking.

So much for all the "my brothers in STP" bullshit that Scott rattled off when they first got back together. I'm actually a little teary thinking about how poorly he's treating 3 guys that seem super cool. I thought Scott was so cool around this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQEys6GWvo

I'm also annoyed that the Solo shows seemed to go fairly smoothly - but as soon as he's back with STP he starts being an asshole.

This sucks.

Fancy doing something like that on a TV performance - he really carries on like such selfish prick sometimes.

Also, what was with the re-recorded vocals on Big Empty and Between the Lines the night before!!!!? Listen in headphones and watch Scott's mouth closely - they're trying to save performances - because the real one's are pretty ordinary.

This annoys me.

No offense. I respect you, but this thread is obviously useless. I don't feel like continue the discussion.
Can we really find

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Also, Vedder is not the frontman to hold up as the poster boy for lyrical accuracy.  Eddie is notorious for butchering his lyrics.  He's even noted that fact on stage many times.

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I had similar thoughts on the H&H performance at Rolling Rock.
I would hope that he as vicious stated, rehearses it a bit more. for the   fans sake, for everyone sake.
Scott does save it near the end, and yes, while it is a song he wrote, its a tongue twster.

Do I feel that that would ruin a show? By no means. The crowd seemed to be having fun, no one booed, the band seemed to be having a great time onstage.
Concerts are not c.d's, concerts are chaotic and hyper real. Things do not go according to plan, and sometimes exceed the plan. STP are a phenomenal band, and  I'D DIE to hear this song in person, flubs or no flubs. /
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
This is the dumbest topic.

Art isn't perfect.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Mabby

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattmabe
The lyric flubs don't bother me really. What cracks me up is that Scott has a teleprompter now up by his monitors and he STILL flubs some lyrics! hahahahaha!

But as a musician myself, my singer/guitarist flubs stuff all the time, it's no big deal. Lyrics are kind of secondary to me anyways. The melody is what I love.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Constant complaining?
First of all there's exactly the same topic created by.....you
Called "Scott needs a Tele-Prompter with the Lyrics on stage."

and

What the fuck is Scott doing in the 2nd verse of TITR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvyICse-j0
Too much boozin'

They really need a tour psychiatrist I think and Scotty needs a minder.
And needs to stop smoking and drinking.

So much for all the "my brothers in STP" bullshit that Scott rattled off when they first got back together. I'm actually a little teary thinking about how poorly he's treating 3 guys that seem super cool. I thought Scott was so cool around this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQEys6GWvo

I'm also annoyed that the Solo shows seemed to go fairly smoothly - but as soon as he's back with STP he starts being an asshole.

This sucks.

Fancy doing something like that on a TV performance - he really carries on like such selfish prick sometimes.

Also, what was with the re-recorded vocals on Big Empty and Between the Lines the night before!!!!? Listen in headphones and watch Scott's mouth closely - they're trying to save performances - because the real one's are pretty ordinary.

This annoys me.

No offense. I respect you, but this thread is obviously useless. I don't feel like continue the discussion.

OWNED!!!  That is pure win for tyrant
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)