October 04, 2024, 04:22:23 AM

Author Topic: Inside Out???  (Read 8974 times)

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Inside Out???
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
Scott made his bed, now he's gotta lie in it.
They see him as a junkie rockstar, it's because he made himself that way.

But hes CLEAN...

Ok let me put it THIS way:

My brother, is an addict, has been since I was about 5, in & out of jail too because of it. So thats over 30 years of him doing his yo yo dance.

I see how some of my family treats him, how they CONSTANTLY throw his past in his face, he can be clean & not go to jial for the REST of his life from this point on... But because they think they are sooooooooooooooo much better the he is because they dont understand the turmoil he has had or goes through, its sickening to be around.

So to SEE someone who has his mistakes thrown into his face so easily at family gatherings, every time hes around... hell even when hes NOT around, its not right.

And it seems that addicts in the public eye have it in their face forever too & it doesn't make it right!!

Scott could aslo be clean till hes an old man & they will still do the same slams in articles.

Yes, he did what he did. He can't take that back. But does it make it right to just write him off like that?/ no.

I don't like it when its doen to my brother, I can just imagine how Scott feels. And you WONDER WHY he is not so friendly to the media... I wouldn't be either.

It just seems unfair at times. Like no matter HOW good or how long he'll be clean, it means nothing to the masses And so, weaker people would just give up & say "They already call me a junlie, so I must be one, why not just go use."

If it was a one time thing with Scott, I could understand, but he's always cleaning up and relapsing and cleaning up and relapsing. It's like a cycle. Until we can see Scott get sober for a long period of time, like more than a year or 2, then MAYBE we can start giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »

If it was a one time thing with Scott, I could understand, but he's always cleaning up and relapsing and cleaning up and relapsing. It's like a cycle. Until we can see Scott get sober for a long period of time, like more than a year or 2, then MAYBE we can start giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Im not here to argue with you. But it SEEMS (I could be wrong & Im NOT attacking you, just so we're clear!) that with that last statement, you could be one of those "fans" just waiting for him to screw up again. Just like the media.

If Im wrong about you, Im sorry. Thats just what I got from what you said.

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 11:49:10 PM »
i never wait for him to screw up again but the man knows how to play his cards very well... thats all im gonna say people can figure that one out lol

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

Im not here to argue with you. But it SEEMS (I could be wrong & Im NOT attacking you, just so we're clear!) that with that last statement, you could be one of those "fans" just waiting for him to screw up again. Just like the media.

haha...you can't say "i'm not attacking you" and then accuse him of being a fake fan or a bandwagon jumper. moral of the story is tho, you gotta put them all in the same boat as recovering addicts who undoubtedly have their slip ups..that's life
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
Quote from: "Slither"
haha...you can't say "i'm not attacking you" and then accuse him of being a fake fan or a bandwagon jumper. moral of the story is tho, you gotta put them all in the same boat as recovering addicts who undoubtedly have their slip ups..that's life

I truely WASN'T attacking them. And I didn't call them a "fake" fan. Or at least I didn't mean it to come off that way. And Im not saying IM a better fan then anyone here. Im not.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »
You guys need to lay off Mel.  You are one to call out Mel for a personal attack when she's one of the nicest members here.  Scott has been off heroin for over 6 years and he did have a coke binge in late 2007/early 2008 but he has been clean since then and on his solo tour especially he has looked very healthy.  Slash and Sorum have relapsed before and you are just going, "Oh Scott's a junkie he's going to relapse again" because you're buying into the media hype.  Scott is just as likely as Slash or Sorum to relapse again, they are all recovering addicts.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 12:37:25 AM »
Thank you Brett. :-*

And I agree, Scott could slip up just as any other addict in the world can. I think most of us may know at least one in our lives. Alcohol or drugs, or gambling addicts can have slip ups at different times in their lives for different reasons. No one is safe. Thats why they are called addicts.

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 12:46:17 AM »
i was talking about perfomance i could care less how much smack they use or how drunk they get im not listening to their home lives im listening to the music, i dont like Scott perfoming drunk  or  when he's late for gigs thats all, as long as they can perform under the influence i'm fine and scott hasnt done that very well lately to my eyes thats all.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 01:53:36 AM »

Nah, I certainly am not waiting for him to screw up. Weiland is one of my favorite artists of all time, I hope he never fucks up again, honestly.
But after a decade and a half of following him, I've just grown accustomed to it. It's kind of a defense mechanism with him. He's let us down so many times. I still support him, I went out and bought his solo album on it's release day, then later went back and bought the deluxe copy. I have VR and STP's records, I love Weiland. He's an amazing artist, but after being a fan for so long, you just have to keep certain things in the back of my mind.

And I never took your responses as attacks, man. With you, it's a discussion. There are other members of this board that just jump all over you just to pick arguments.

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 01:56:50 AM »
he said u guys need to lay off mel like people were fighting? lol and then that other guy said she attacked itch and then itch said he didnt feel attacked hahah see how that works??

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 03:45:29 AM »

And I never took your responses as attacks, man. With you, it's a discussion. There are other members of this board that just jump all over you just to pick arguments.

Well, good, because I didn't mean to come off as an attack. I am always up for talking, discussing, even debating. If I WAS trying to attack anyone, it would be very obvious. So good, glad its all clear & we can move on.  ;D

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 03:50:31 AM »

Well, good, because I didn't mean to come off as an attack. I am always up for talking, discussing, even debating. If I WAS trying to attack anyone, it would be very obvious. So good, glad its all clear & we can move on.  ;D

Yup. No hard feelings with you.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 03:55:27 AM »

Well, good, because I didn't mean to come off as an attack. I am always up for talking, discussing, even debating. If I WAS trying to attack anyone, it would be very obvious. So good, glad its all clear & we can move on. ;D

Yup. No hard feelings with you.

Good. Like wise.  :)

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 05:17:45 AM »
fuck dem niggaz

Aaron EDIT: Racial slurs will not be tolerated.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2444