September 19, 2024, 11:34:15 PM

Author Topic: Hey! I'm New Here....  (Read 3739 times)

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
Hey! I'm New Here....
« on: February 24, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
What's up? I'm Steve, been a masssssive STP/VR/Scott fan for years now. I've read all your guys inputs and contributions over the years just never joined. I'd like to thank you all for all the cool pics, inside info, links etc. over the past years. You all seem pretty cool so I look forward to sharing some cool pics and stories I have myself...

I'm sure you all know this song, but it is amazing to me in every emotion imaginable. "Only Dying" from Mighty Joe Young demo's....They REALLLY need to revisit this track somehow someway, it's perfect. Here is the link if you've never heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvH1SHAR3AM AliceInChainHead on YouTube is a cool dude who is a massive STP fan and usually gets some rare things up on there so check him out or subscribe to him if you have a YouTube account.....Take it easy everyone and have a good..... ^-^
"Adhesive Love"

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! I'm New Here....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »
Oh yeh, and to the dude who runs this website and put up all those millions of great pics...THANK YOU!!!!! You are awesome for all you've done.....It's been greatly appreciated dude!
"Adhesive Love"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »
Hey Steve - welcome to the boards.  I'm Jessie, resident sarcastic bitch and troublemaker.   :)

Rik and the lovely Miss Ivy are the force behind Below Empty.  The picture gallery he's put together is pretty fucking ridiculous - and it's not even complete right now.  He did a total re-vamp of the pictures section, and there's a ton of stuff that hasn't made it back up yet.    

And don't forget - we have Aaron covering Downloads!  

It's about time you stopped lurking and introduced yourself.   :D   Welcome!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
Hahaha, well thanks for havin' me...I've seen Scott live 19 times and have a ton of great pics to share when I get some time to scan them from polaroid....Pleased to meet you Jessie  ;) We need some like 40 year old person to get on here that was all over the underground LA scene to get us some Swing and MJY pics from their earliest gigs. My favorite thing ever is "Where The River Goes" and the song after has slipped my mind right now off the DVD bootleg section....

Have a nice day!  ^-^
"Adhesive Love"

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:42:01 PM »
Welcome to the boards.  I'm moving your thread to the correct section.  :)

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »
Thanks man...
"Adhesive Love"

shambhala

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »
Welcome Steve! - looking forward to some of your special pics of Scott!!!  :)

Lori

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:29:41 PM »
Quote from: "OnlyDying"
What's up? I'm Steve, been a masssssive STP/VR/Scott fan for years now. I've read all your guys inputs and contributions over the years just never joined. I'd like to thank you all for all the cool pics, inside info, links etc. over the past years. You all seem pretty cool so I look forward to sharing some cool pics and stories I have myself...

I'm sure you all know this song, but it is amazing to me in every emotion imaginable. "Only Dying" from Mighty Joe Young demo's....They REALLLY need to revisit this track somehow someway, it's perfect. Here is the link if you've never heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvH1SHAR3AM AliceInChainHead on YouTube is a cool dude who is a massive STP fan and usually gets some rare things up on there so check him out or subscribe to him if you have a YouTube account.....Take it easy everyone and have a good..... ^-^

Wow, I thought I had heard every STP/Weiland song there was to hear, but this one is a new one for me.
Great song!
What era is this from? Sounds like Core, maybe pre-Core?
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.