September 19, 2024, 09:02:07 AM

Author Topic: Spanish Fly live footage  (Read 5523 times)

MartyMcFly

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Spanish Fly live footage
« on: May 10, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
I was watching the MTV rockumentary of STP the other day and I noticed they had a few seconds of a live gig of the band playing Spanish Fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Ex8JQ8TwA here's the link, it's about 3:09 second into the video.

Spanish Fly was always my favorite song of their MJY demo and I actually kind of prefer it over Loungefly. Either way I was wondering if anyone actually knew about live footage of Spanish Fly, I've searched everywhere and couldn't find anything.
You can hunt for the hunter...he's got no where to hide

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish Fly live footage
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
Interesting that when they showed the list of what was to be on core at 5:08 that Lounge Fly was listed.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
Interesting that when they showed the list of what was to be on core at 5:08 that Lounge Fly was listed.

I'm still not sure if that was the list to be recorded or a setlist from a show.

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
Quote from: "Stpilots98"

I'm still not sure if that was the list to be recorded or a setlist from a show.

Pretty sure its a setlist, there's a line drawn across with two songs under which is probly the encore.

So we know that theres some old MJY footage out there somewhere, it'd be awesome if it was relseased

hurtstotalktoyou

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
Wow, that's strange.  It would be pretty darn neat to have some live stuff from the MJY era, or better yet MJY material from the STP era.
my trading list[/url]
[url=http://comebac

silvergunsuperboy

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 05:51:15 AM »
oh thats awesome! i have this video on vhs and have seen it a million times never put two and two together.good find.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:43:53 AM »
            Yeahh, not really any new news here. I remember when I first saw the STP Rockumentary footage of Spanish Fly which was probably around  96' which I had recorded on VHS at the time. Of course back then I didn't know it was called Spanish Fly since I think most or all of us around that time still didn't have access to the MJY demo. But at the time you were always wondering hmm what song was that?? Then finally you hear the MJY demo and put two and two together then finally finding out...pretty awesome! One of these days I'm sure someone will step forward and let us hear this MJY show. One can only hope, right?  ;)

8)

silvergun88

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:11:11 AM »
the oldest footage i have seen of them is a performance of Where the River Goes on youtube. scott has blonde hair which makes me think this was 92, pre core. and not to mention its in a tiny ass club. good stuff

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
I actually had never seen this rocumentary...they have definitely some a long way LOL they were sooo different
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

silvergunsuperboy

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »
yeah the tape i have was when tiny music came out.weird thing is immediately following that is a bunch of mtv news clips of scott being arrested for heroine. Dean talks about not making excuses for what scott did and that he wasnt going to lie about whats going on. those were sad times to see your heroes fall. really good to see them survive though.