September 25, 2024, 12:24:55 AM

Author Topic: 2009-01-25 - Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre  (Read 4524 times)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
2009-01-25 - Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:26:14 PM »
2008-01-25 - Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre

bcledfoot

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-01-25 - Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
Has anyone ever been to this venue?  How is it?  Easy to get to by the T?

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »
I haven't been there yet, but this would make it my first time. I missed the December 3rd show which I kind of regretted, even though the setlist was shit. I really hope by the 25th he changes the setlist to accomodate more 12 Bar Blues songs.
Back for another one

bcledfoot

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »
I was at the 12/3 show...my birthday gift to myself.  We'll see what happens with the January set lists however I'm assuming he's going to lean more heavily with the HIG material trying to promote the album.  I really did enjoy the show in Foxborough.  There were a decent amount in the audience yelling out for 12BB material...specifically, right before the encore someone yelled out "12BB!!!" and Scott goes "12BB??-We'll see what we can do in a few minutes....maybe".

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:25:31 PM »
I just bought my tickets today and the venue has been changed to the Paradise.
STP: A bunch.

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:50:08 AM »
Should someone notify Rik so that he can update it...? <--yes.

I'm still in the air as if to I will be traveling to any other states to see Scott. What else is there to do in Boston?
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:53 AM »
Same set as usual with Fame, which sounds great live. Great performance overall, Vasoline brought the house down. Great energy from Scott and the rest of the band. Beautiful Day  sounded great as well. The 9 min jams were great too. Some jackass pulled the fire alarm at the show which caused a giant clusterf*ck because people had checked their jackets (me included) and it was just a mess. Overall, it was great show though, minus the fire alarm fiasco.
STP: A bunch.

beckstp1

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-01-25 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 08:35:43 PM »
hey everyone,
i'm a long time reader of the board, first time poster.
got to see Scott and the band twice yesterday.
they played a private show for WFNX at the Hard Rock at 5 and then saw them at the paradise later in the evening. both shows were unreal.
the hard rock show was something unbelievable. there were small tables and only 20 people were there. you can check out photos/video etc. at www.wfnx.com  I was able to talk with Doug and the other guys and they were stoked to do something like this, it was acoustic but they still rocked it. they played Killing me Sweetly, Atlanta, and Interstate.
The guys from WFNX then asked scott a bunch of questions which he answered greatly, one thing he mentioned was that the STP guys were currently writing tunes for the new record then that would be sent to scott so he could write the lyrics and the melodies.  he always was asked what his favorite tv show was, and he said, Lost.  overall just an awesome awesome, special time.

the paradise show was great as well, typical set list, but the jams were great.  when i had met the guys earlier i had said those jams sounded very Doors-y and they said that's kinda what they were aiming for.  f-ing sick is all i have to say, just an awesome day.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-01-25 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 10:36:02 PM »
Quote from: "beckstp1"
hey everyone,
i'm a long time reader of the board, first time poster.
got to see Scott and the band twice yesterday.
they played a private show for WFNX at the Hard Rock at 5 and then saw them at the paradise later in the evening. both shows were unreal.
the hard rock show was something unbelievable. there were small tables and only 20 people were there. you can check out photos/video etc. at http://www.wfnx.com  I was able to talk with Doug and the other guys and they were stoked to do something like this, it was acoustic but they still rocked it. they played Killing me Sweetly, Atlanta, and Interstate.
The guys from WFNX then asked scott a bunch of questions which he answered greatly, one thing he mentioned was that the STP guys were currently writing tunes for the new record then that would be sent to scott so he could write the lyrics and the melodies.  he always was asked what his favorite tv show was, and he said, Lost.  overall just an awesome awesome, special time.

the paradise show was great as well, typical set list, but the jams were great.  when i had met the guys earlier i had said those jams sounded very Doors-y and they said that's kinda what they were aiming for.  f-ing sick is all i have to say, just an awesome day.
Hey, thank you for info. Welcome to the boards. Are you sure about the videos? I can't find them...
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:06:45 PM »
This is cool except those jerks skipped Atlanta, "cause nobody knows it" to play ILS, cause we all need to hear that one again... Otherwise this was great to hear some awesome quality acoustic stuff, it did sound good. I just want me Atlanta.
My only exit is a one way out...

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:54 PM »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 05:49:43 AM »
http://wfnx.com/blogs/sandbox/audio/pod ... tt_web.mp3

Scott sounds like shit on Atlanta here.  He sounds great and normal during the interview though.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11