September 29, 2024, 08:31:01 PM

Author Topic: Matt Sorum Love Thread  (Read 18926 times)

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Sorum sucks at Photoshop?
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »
Does Matt Sorum suck at Photoshop? answer: I think their next album flops, man. this is going way off topic :)

but I think it can't get any more attention than Libertad did, which was amazingly little, it felt it was just another album commercially, it should have been bigger, where Contraband was taken like a revolution almost.
What has changed now? I mean even if they get a singer who's good, I doubt they'll have BIG NAME like Weiland was.
So, therefor people might be curious, how he sounds, but the flopping of Libertad proved that the "world" didn't care about the new adventures of ex-GNR men, like it did when Contraband came out.
Nowadays success is solely how big your gigs are I think, and VR with a new singer, just isn't so anticipated. Even if they'd write some decent songs, it wouldn't get the attention, is this emo? no? ah, okay we decide not to make this band big, decides the media.
And yeah there's always the "indie martyrs" "it doesn't matter if it sells" well, I'm sorry but these guys don't care about indie cred and it is music meant to be played in large places. period. I think if the next album flops, VR quits.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:17:19 PM by Comatose Commodity »
I had the midwife naked and alone

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
Yes matt sorum sucks at photoshop!  VR Will probably still be big to spite scott. LOL  They are going to make a big deal about whoever their new singer is, as they should. But they will continue to play huge venues and sold out shows not because of the singer but because it is slash and Duff (not Matt)  I think Matt means well, he just said some shit about scott that us STP fans wanna kill him for.  In reality I think he was just trying to do some damage controll when scott decided that it was the last show in glasgow. and it got out of hand from there
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2008, 02:35:05 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Yes matt sorum sucks at photoshop!  VR Will probably still be big to spite scott. LOL  They are going to make a big deal about whoever their new singer is, as they should. But they will continue to play huge venues and sold out shows not because of the singer but because it is slash and Duff (not Matt)  I think Matt means well, he just said some shit about scott that us STP fans wanna kill him for.  In reality I think he was just trying to do some damage controll when scott decided that it was the last show in glasgow. and it got out of hand from there
They won't be big without Scott.  It's been almost 7 months since they've played a show and it doesn't look like they'll have a singer anytime soon.  The public has forgotten about them, and if/when they get a new singer they'll play small venues and the album won't sell, the novelty wore off back in 2007 on VR and supergroups in general and now they don't even have the original singer.  A lot of VR's fanbase was STP fans and most probably won't go to VR shows since there's no Scott and he's back with STP.  That'd be a different story if they got a famous singer, but all of the big ones are busy and disinterested in joining a no longer popular band.  They should've just broken up the band when Scott said he was out, a supergroup doesn't work when the singer is gone, there's really no point in going on and calling it VR, just start over and call it something else because VR is dead, whether they like it or not.

It'd be totally different if this all happened back in 2005 or 2006, VR had momentum back then and they'd still have been somewhat popular with a new singer, but VR are no longer relevant.  I really think they should have been a one album project band like Mad Season or Temple of the Dog.  They'd have a much better legacy that way.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2008, 03:43:58 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I bet the next VR album tanks worse than Talk Show.

Did Dave Coutts become their new singer?
Back for another one

bcledfoot

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Sorum now loves Axl?
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »
I think you'll see an GNR reunion of some sorts soon.  Keep an eye to the interviews coming out from Sorum, Duff and Slash.  They are all taking a friendlier tone to Axl....something is brewing.  Also, don't forget Axl's manager now is Irving Azoff who has orchestrated several big reunions in the past.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »
Axl's been talking shit about Slash on message boards so don't count on it.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

talkingvolleyball3

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2008, 07:48:35 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
It looks like he's masturbating, to Axl Rose most likely.

very clever man

talkingvolleyball3

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2008, 08:53:25 AM »
WOW desperation?

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2008, 09:47:09 AM »
its called publicity which axl loves
If you only knew..

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
its called publicity which axl loves

Really?
So much so that he did publicity for his decade long monstrosity?
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »
Axl is probably playing Candyland with JD Salinger right now.

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2008, 05:35:19 PM »
Quote from: "bcledfoot"
I think you'll see an GNR reunion of some sorts soon.  Keep an eye to the interviews coming out from Sorum, Duff and Slash.  They are all taking a friendlier tone to Axl....something is brewing.  Also, don't forget Axl's manager now is Irving Azoff who has orchestrated several big reunions in the past.

A G N' R reunion will never happen. Read some of the Q & A responses posted on gunsnroses.com by Axl. The relationship between Axl & Slash is unrepairable given all the stuff that Slash has said in the media in effort to save face (according to Axl).

buddyboy101

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »
i totally disagree.  gnr reunion is probably only a year away.  axl needs a band, slash needs a singer.  it's too obvious