October 02, 2024, 07:17:08 PM

Author Topic: Dr. Drew on Scott.....  (Read 11074 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Drew on Scott.....
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Quote from: "Peebs"
Quote from: "Aaron"
Quote from: "Album 2 Track 5"
Ick, I'm feeling all weird about him mentioned to be on that show.  Makes me nauseous thinking about it.  It would not be a good move for him for sure.  He has been a patient of Dr. Drews and actually I believe they both were on the Oprah show years ago...I have it somewhere..
I dont know about Oprah, but they were definitely on Politically Incorrect w/ Bill Mahr several years back.
I remember Scott being on PI (twice actually) but neither was with Dr. Drew....I don't think...

He was on PI with Dr Drew.  I'm positive.  Scott wore a black turtleneck and a blue scarf.  Dr. Drew even spoke of seeing Scott when he was in the "throes of his addiction".  I'll see if I can dig up a link.

EDIT:
http://dailybruin.ucla.edu/archives/id/3070/ (scroll halfway down)
Transcript of show:
http://www.schaler.net/addictionisachoi ... script.htm

EDIT #2: How the hell did I find that?  lol.

I could've just seen this sooner and verified it.  I was AT the PI taping where he was on with Dr. Drew.  The playboy mansion was his 2nd appearance on the show.  The in-studio appearance with Dr. Drew was taped several weeks before it aired, as it was a filler episode, the discussion was not time-sensitive.  The topic was Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll.

Two episodes were filmed that day, but the Scott episode was with DR. Drew.  I  wrote a review of my experience, but I couldn't find it on belowempty, so I am assuming that I must've written it on the bulletin board at the time, and it's lost forever.

One thing I DO remember mentioning in my review of being there was that some of the discussion was edited out.  Also, after speaking about Scott's previous health and dependence on drugs, in between takes, Drew and Weiland embraced.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 10:49:46 PM »
this is the "politically incorrect" video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1ed_25lqs
If you only knew..

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 12:58:56 PM »
in the transcript wth dr. drew, scott talks about picking up an alcohlic drink and how he can't do that because of the way the addictive mind works.

which begs the question...why the hell is he still drinking?
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »
Same reason he started shooting up again, not too long after. Maybe he just feels like drinking.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 11:55:31 PM »
weiland and reality tv...hmm...i think everyone would realize what a terrible idea that is after the first 3 minutes. for someone who values his privacy, reality tv doesnt seem like the answer for scott
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 07:22:45 AM »
reality is not the place for a guy like him...it is all D-list or lower shit..vh1 reality is a last chance for failed hollywood "stars"
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
reality is not the place for a guy like him...it is all D-list or lower shit..vh1 reality is a last chance for failed hollywood "stars"
Yeah you nailed it. Definitely not Scott's territory
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Porkspam

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »
SCott does not belong on a show of this type.  However I do think that the first episode of sober house, or is it the second, with adler running around the house doped up out of his mind and making a fool of himself should be used in dare programs to show kids the real effects of doing smack.  Although in steven's case i think he got scared by the cameras and did all of whatever amount he brought for the show. So show them that and show them maybe in high school requeim for a dream.  

I'd bet we'd see richard patrick on that show before we'd see scott.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »
Quote from: "Porkspam"
I'd bet we'd see richard patrick on that show before we'd see scott.
Ouch..
I am sure some peole are going to comment on that. Please don't make this out to be another scott-richard comparison LOL
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Cracker, you called it.

No, we aren't gonna see Richard Patrick on that show. Ever. He's been sober since September, 2002 and still going strong. I doubt we'll ever see Scott on that show or any show of that kind either. Unlike those third-rate hacks, Scott still has his dignity.
Back for another one

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 02:13:51 AM »
Scott will never do that. He has so much shit on his plate right now as it is.
Plus he's too professional and more than that, he's too proud to get up and expose himself in that way.
His rehab is through his music, and it doesn't always work, but he seems to be doing the best he can. Like he said, he's not superman.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.