September 25, 2024, 06:24:09 PM

Author Topic: Stp Not Allowed In Kansas Libraries  (Read 9069 times)

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Stp Not Allowed In Kansas Libraries
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 01:03:49 AM »
"big bang baby" also. and again, its just the title. oh and "silvergun superman". again, just the title. i remember hearing that "big bang baby" was one of the songs banned from the radio after 9/11 due to violent references. isnt that a shame?
Everyone seems to be forgetting the obvious one... Sex Type Thing.  That song has been (understandably) misunderstood since it came out in 1992.  And it's from STP's first and most successful album, so I bet that's the song in question.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 01:48:03 AM »
"big bang baby" also. and again, its just the title. oh and "silvergun superman". again, just the title. i remember hearing that "big bang baby" was one of the songs banned from the radio after 9/11 due to violent references. isnt that a shame?
Everyone seems to be forgetting the obvious one... Sex Type Thing.  That song has been (understandably) misunderstood since it came out in 1992.  And it's from STP's first and most successful album, so I bet that's the song in question.
"I got a picture of a photograph
Of a wedding and a shell
It's just a burning aching memory
I never kiss and tell"

Yeah. Violent. Ever so violent. Makes me cringe back in fear from my stereo every time I hear it.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 02:11:45 AM »
"I got a picture of a photograph
Of a wedding and a shell
It's just a burning aching memory
I never kiss and tell"

Yeah. Violent. Ever so violent. Makes me cringe back in fear from my stereo every time I hear it.
the title is violent.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stp Not Allowed In Kansas Libraries
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »
aint that a form of censorship??

didnt they burn books in Footloose??? Hahahahaha!!!

But really, thats really ridiculous. But oh well, Im not in Kansas, so I guess I dont really care.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 10:58:18 PM »
Dead topic needs to stay dead.

This is too old to even mention. BTW, who cares about Kansas?
Back for another one

Slackerjack

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:17 AM »
Well, then, by the DA's own definition, I guess the bible should be "withheld from distribution" as well. It's caused a few wars here and there...

Fucking moron.