September 09, 2024, 10:12:06 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland @ private party 8/27/11  (Read 15138 times)

nm14172003

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland @ private party 8/27/11
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
Hi everyone.  I've poked around on this site for awhile, but first post.  I, along with my wife were at this party.  We're both huge STP fans and this was the best opportunity for us to see him up close.  Let me tell you, thuis was an AMAZING night.  My wife is like in heaven.  We were directly to his left, 1st row.  He was late, but a really cool performance.  He was talkative, smiling and just seemed really, really healty.  My wife recorded about 95% of this performance.  I'll try to post as much as I can at a later date.  Really, all I can say is that he seemed in a  good place and seemed pretty happy to be performing for a private party.  He said it was 1st time performing at a private party since he was 18 and got paid in beer.  My wife yelled to him to play "Maver" he heard it and processed the request for as second.  He turned to her with the biggest smile on his face and said " I love that song too"  didnt play it though...Anyway, i'll try to pst up some vids of this...

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
someone posted pics from the dallas show in the dallas show forum and there is one where Weiland is standing behind Eric and he looks almost exactly like the one pic from the private party, he looks norman in all the others .i think its just certain facial expressions that look awkward and get caught in a pic,
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »
Nice story nm1472763637992300040, those vids would be very nice to see B)

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »
Hi everyone.  I've poked around on this site for awhile, but first post.  I, along with my wife were at this party.  We're both huge STP fans and this was the best opportunity for us to see him up close.  Let me tell you, thuis was an AMAZING night.  My wife is like in heaven.  We were directly to his left, 1st row.  He was late, but a really cool performance.  He was talkative, smiling and just seemed really, really healty.  My wife recorded about 95% of this performance.  I'll try to post as much as I can at a later date.  Really, all I can say is that he seemed in a  good place and seemed pretty happy to be performing for a private party.  He said it was 1st time performing at a private party since he was 18 and got paid in beer.  My wife yelled to him to play "Maver" he heard it and processed the request for as second.  He turned to her with the biggest smile on his face and said " I love that song too"  didnt play it though...Anyway, i'll try to pst up some vids of this...
I would love to see the video. the band Scott was playing with probably never even played maver together and had no idea how to play it. no offense to whoever the band is.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:34 AM »
Glad to hear he wasnt really a douche like that interview made him out to be... sounds like a dreamy time for any STP fan
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 01:46:34 AM »
  My wife yelled to him to play "Maver" he heard it and processed the request for as second.  He turned to her with the biggest smile on his face and said " I love that song too"  didnt play it though...

Seriously, that is one of the most awesome things ever.   That made my day.   :)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
 Ya he looked pretty pale in the shots glad to hear the show was good.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
I didn't think we would have a guest's review! which songs did he play?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:58 AM »
LMAO @ Laura's PeeWee comment.

Its bad lighting and too much makeup. Poor Scooter. I'd still hit it, though. :)
I'd have to agree :)
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:42 PM »
Maybe Scott's request for a private jet (due to the hurricane) wasn't so "rockstar" after all.  Mr. Boch does own one:

I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland