September 25, 2024, 02:28:35 AM

Author Topic: 2008-12-07 - Philadelphia, PA - WRFF Acoustic Show  (Read 6907 times)

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland ILS Riff tv
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 02:41:26 AM »
I liked it his hair and style always kick ass.thanx.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 03:48:03 AM »
I was there front row next to the videographer!!  Courtesy of Tommy the bassist (what a sweetheart!)  They only did three songs, Killing Me Sweetly, Atlanta and ILS. It was such a blast!

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 04:51:02 AM »
that sounded pretty good.  I hope that drug hair comment was a joke.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 05:08:35 AM »
]

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 05:24:34 AM »
Alright guys, I just wanna apologize for my comment.
I just noticed that because that's how Downey Jr. had his hair when he was on the stuff so I was worried this might happen again.
Don't get me wrong, I am obsessed with STP and I'm sorry for making that rude remark.

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 08:17:14 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9pAbvX75Rw

his vocals sound like the VR  KROQ performance i think...lol

I always felt like in that KROQ performance Weiland sounds a LOT like Layne Staley. If Staley were to cover ILS, it would sounds like that.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 08:59:28 AM »
He sounds like shit here.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
i've heard worse at shows, he actually sounds decent on this. i thought he sounded like that show but he actually sounds more tired and a bit sick but not irritating to listen to like a lot of shows
If you only knew..

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
He sounds like shit here.
Youre right specially compared to Atlanta and Boston previously which are 1000 times more a Scott area than Michigan. I grew up across the river from Detroit and was never into Kiss and TedNugent and the stuff that Detroit radio stations push. So I went threw many phases like english punk,dc hardcore,doors,who,8years on the road with GratefulDead,Soundgarden,Nirvanna and STP. Fuck I'm getting old.
 I'm not sure which thread post I posted yesterday when they were talking about Detroit. Honestly I know even on some of his shittier days he is still great but the entire detroit vibe from the headbangin wrif and the energy from st.andrew's.
 The guys from the wrif "hey thats the guy who did"dead and bloated and remember that tune "down" ".
 I was a little pissed and for the further record when tours head north around my area they should stop at Cleveland and then pull a u-turn. He still does a better job than most by far but had that" get this over with" look in his eyes. Plus he usually spits out his gum before he sings.
 Hawk.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
I like Doug but he's no Dean...he kinda made that performance less than  stellar with the extra chords  (seriously it sounded somewhat like deliverance banjo plucking)

Scott's voice has gotten rougher over the years.  I miss the soft Sour Girl-esque melodies :(

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »
Yeah youre right he is not Dean. I love Dean and all but he is a grunge style rythym guitar that does pentatonic fills.
 Doug is unbelievable  diversified guitar player that can play up there with the masses of the best lead and rythym players of all time. Based on a couple convos I've had with him I could pick out some of the people he was influenced by during his learning processes.
 After seeing/hearing some of the few acoustic vids and hearing his electric stuff. This guy has an arsenal of vibratos,muting,arpeggios and scale progressions like none of us have heard in conjunction with Scott ever before.
 No offense and I love the power that comes from STP and everything theyve done and the stringed backbone of STP is Rob. He definately has some roots in his technique as well.
 Also Dean is a limited style guitar player that amazingly fills the lead guitar void in STP better than anyone out there in his category of guitarist.
 Hawk

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »
I actually really like this performance. Weiland's voice is pretty sub-par (compared to other ILS performances we've seen), but I have to say I really dig Douglas' perception of the guitar in this. He adds a flavor to it to make it more interesting.

Ok Douglas, I fulfilled my side of the deal, now stop harassing me in my PM box!!!

DRUG HAIR!!! lmao.
Back for another one

zlieb430

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »
I agree its not weilands best, but it is still pretty darn good IMO

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile