October 01, 2024, 08:49:33 AM

Author Topic: First Post  (Read 3882 times)

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
First Post
« on: June 01, 2008, 04:44:46 AM »
What's up guys, I've been viewing the forum since about 2000 when I was in high school.  Followed through usernet before that.  Big fan and have kept up news wise through this site.  The site is well managed and I have enjoyed reading on a weekly basis.  I'm 23 now, have five STP concerts under my belt, and look forward to seeing the guys again in Charlotte NC on the tour.  Best show I've ever seen, of any band, is STP in Myrtle Beach SC House of Blues after Shangri-La came out.  I have seen VR twice.  Once at HoB in Myrtle Beach and later at a larger venue in Charlotte NC.  Loved the band as well, actually I just love anything Scott Weiland is involved in.  Contraband was very enjoyable but I have enjoyed the second album to a lesser extent, other than the last "hidden" track.

My favorite STP songs are Piece of Pie, Silvergun Superman, Still Remains (which I have seen live!), Glide, Ride the Cliche (am I the only one, never seen you guys say much about this one?), Trippin, Atlanta, Down, Heaven and Hotrods, Hello it's Late and pretty much all of their other songs as well.  You guys are always hating on Pruno, I'm in the minority and love that one actually.  The only STP song I really have no use for is MC5, which I pretty much hate.  Enjoyed 12 Bar Blues, Talk Show was "meh" and I though Army of Anyone was very enjoyable.

Have a 1 year old son, just graduated for Appalachian State University and live in Boone NC.  Just introducing myself to you guys.  Decided to finally come out of hiding and join the community as opposed to just stalking you guys.  Hey!

-Steven

S.I.N

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 05:03:54 AM »
Welcome Steven... I'm from NC too and that HOB show in Dec of 2001 was AMAZING!!! (one of my top 5 of the many many different concerts I've seen) Glad to hear from ya!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:47:54 AM by S.I.N »

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:26:04 AM »
Hey Stalker, nice to meetcha! ;D

I was a stalker too.  Now y'all can't get rid of me.  :P

oldman

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 05:34:18 AM »
I think we all started in stalker territory :)
Glad you came out into the light. I did the same myself just recently though I've been following STP since the early days of Mighty Joe Young when I used to catch 'em down here in San Diego. Being so close to the band (proximity wise) meant I actually got to meet Scott back in the early days of Core's release and congratulate them on gettin' signed by a label. When I think of all the water that's gone under the bridge since then it blows me away! I've seen every tour (actually in several cities across this great nation) and they definitely produced some of my favorite shows ever. This site's pretty cool too and there's plenty of good folks to interact with once you let us/them know you're actually here. So...welcome!

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 06:15:06 AM »
Welcome! I'm pretty new to the forum too, though I've been a fan of STP for a while! :)

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »
Quote from: "detomaso"
Welcome! I'm pretty new to the forum too, though I've been a fan of STP for a while! :)

lol.. I've been an STP fan for 10 years and I didnt join this forum until two weeks ago.

Welcome to the Forum Steven!!! Thanks for not stalking us anymore.. its a bit creepy!:)
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 05:02:08 AM »
i was a stalker too!! 
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫