September 17, 2024, 08:57:21 PM

Author Topic: 2011-04-20 - Detroit, MI - The Filmore Detroit - WRIF's 40th Anniversary  (Read 16815 times)

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Yes that is true. They were done at about 10:50 if not earlier. I was just as shocked as everyone around me.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Somebody want to upload the show to megaupload or something? I messed up and can't download stuff from thetradersden.

I will have a megaupload link ready today!
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Somebody want to upload the show to megaupload or something? I messed up and can't download stuff from thetradersden.

Awesome! MP3 please! (My computer is an old POS and can't handle FLAC)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Thank you thank you!!!
Bleeda blooda

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
does anyone know if it was chad smith's bombastic meatbats that was on the bill?

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
The band Chad played in was called Toby Redd.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I wish i could have caught them ive never seen stp yet, only weiland live still the best show i seen. but anyway how was the new songs? did they play Huckleberry, Hickory, BTL, and cinnamon? i hope they keep the new songs in the setlist.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I wish i could have caught them ive never seen stp yet, only weiland live still the best show i seen. but anyway how was the new songs? did they play Huckleberry, Hickory, BTL, and cinnamon? i hope they keep the new songs in the setlist.
Here's the setlist

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stone-temple-pilots/2011/the-fillmore-detroit-detroit-mi-1bd39548.html
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
They also did a little jam of "Waiting for the Sun" by the Doors before "Down."

I just got home only to find my Megaupload upload stopped halfway through. Great.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
They also did a little jam of "Waiting for the Sun" by the Doors before "Down."

I just got home only to find my Megaupload upload stopped halfway through. Great.
Oh sick! I love that song
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
 The boys were on and yes the show could have had at least d and b  and one other in the set.   We were at the rail right in front of Rob. I looked down after the house lights came on and saw christie along the raill about 4 peeps down.
 Crazy night and the boys were on fire.  Didnt like scott's taste of the button down he was wearing but hey these boys are for  real and many more to come.
  hawk

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
 Oh yeah did anyone note how Scott wrapped that scarf as a babooshka and did that funny walk off the stage after STT.
 Like back in the day when he put that blue dress on for all the macho assholes before he started STT.
hawk.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Man I'm going to see them this week in Norfolk and next week in Richmond. I hope I get more than 77 minutes

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Oh yeah did anyone note how Scott wrapped that scarf as a babooshka and did that funny walk off the stage after STT.
 Like back in the day when he put that blue dress on for all the macho assholes before he started STT.
hawk.

Yeah, that was funny!!  Loved it lol.  That was cool that you said hello!  I meant to find you after the show but I kind of just got caught up in the moment I guess and forgot haha.  I know the show was short for whatever reason but I still thought that it was amazing and had a great time.  Seriously, what other bands will stop to take pictures and sign autographs? 

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
hawk.
Haha...love it.
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland