October 02, 2024, 11:05:29 AM

Author Topic: 2008-07-15 - Canandaigua, NY - Constellation Brands Performing Arts Center  (Read 7526 times)

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Big bang, baby, STP is back
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 07:48:31 PM »
Is Weiland sporting a shaved head? Possibly the return of that mohawk circa No Way Out video?

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
Quote from: "Atlantic"
Is Weiland sporting a shaved head? Possibly the return of that mohawk circa No Way Out video?

Looks like he had the mohawk for one day in Quebec, then shaved it all off
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 09:46:17 PM »
http://www.belowempty.com/forum/http://www.belowempty.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=41681#p41681

Looks like you answered my question, cgg.

I'm seriously worried about Scott's pretty head.  Whenever the mohawk makes an appearance, things aren't good.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »
Quote from: "cgg"
Looks like he had the mohawk for one day in Quebec, then shaved it all off

I just saw them tonight in Green Bay... Yes he's bald.. AND HE IS SMOKIN' HOT EVERYONE!!! :D:D:D

Yes they are back. I wish they'd venture out of the "safe" setlist a bit.. but the songs they are singing are fantastic.. Scott's range is awesome and the rest of the boys are fucking on fire as well..
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for that. HAving listened to it all the way through, I gotta say-- great show! I did feel, however, that Scott was slightly inconsistent. Although the good certainly outweighs the few negatives, there were a couple things that stood out to me as important things you probably want to try not to goof. First, he sounded a little flat/out of tune on Big Empty. Almost like he'd just woken up from a long nap and immediately started to sing the song. By the end of the song he was more or less "in form" but he really started off sounding tired and lazy. You really want to hit hard with your opener, and I feel he missed the mark here. The other big flub of the night was Plush where he not only had that lazy/tired sound again, but he skipped right over the first verse and started off the song with verse 2! I thought maybe he'd sing the first verse in place of the second instead, but no, he just sang it a second time. Even more so than Big Empty, I gotta feel Plush was the biggest letdown of the show. And if there was ONE SONG you DIDN'T want to flub....

Don't let me dwell on the bad though-- the band sounded fucking great, and so did Scott for the remaining 90% of the concert. TCQ, Coma, Creep, Sour Girl (blows the album version AWAY!), Lounge Fly (great Scott Pearl of Wisdom here), Crackerman and Vasoline were all highlights for me. Those songs sounded fantastic in every sense of the word.

Word of advice for Scott-- set your alarm to half an hour BEFORE the show, rather than simplying rolling out of bed onto the stage.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
Quote from: "capt_caveman"
"Known for his vocal range..."

Nice to see someone give him that kind of props!

Good read, thanks for posting.

Finally...

All these shitty mags talk about drugs, and tabloid garbage, and they never mention his AMAZING vocal range.  (Which is what IMO set him apart from 99% of all the other 90's acts.  Scott, and Chris Cornell were the 2 best voices to come out of the 90's, but Scott has so many variations on his vocals it's ridicilous.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
Scott has so many variations on his vocals it's ridicilous.

Thats what gets me about all these journalists and shit... Scott is one of the few people I could probably count on my hand who can do that. He's fucking amazing....
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
Finally...

All these shitty mags talk about drugs, and tabloid garbage, and they never mention his AMAZING vocal range.  (Which is what IMO set him apart from 99% of all the other 90's acts.  Scott, and Chris Cornell were the 2 best voices to come out of the 90's, but Scott has so many variations on his vocals it's ridicilous.)

That's one of the things that I've always loved about his vocals, the ability to "change characters" from song to the next. A lot of people have always said that's a lack of consistency, but I disagree. Who wants the same voice over the top of different music all the time?
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Disappointing not to see many reviews about this show. I guess alot of people from this forum didn't really go to this show...but thank you for your review Adhesive Love.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

apblake

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Photos from Canandiauga, NY show 7/15/08
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »
Hey,
I posted my Toronto pictures a few months ago. Well, I finally got around to editing the ones from Canandaigua. Enjoy
-http://http://www.apblake.com
-Andrew

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from Canandiauga, NY show 7/15/08
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »
those are some great pics - thanks...
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.