July 02, 2024, 05:49:17 PM

Author Topic: 2000-10-26 - Charlotte NC - Independence Arena  (Read 3192 times)

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
2000-10-26 - Charlotte NC - Independence Arena
« on: June 12, 2008, 05:57:14 AM »
Anyone else attend this show at Independence Arena?  There is no set list and I am wondering if someone could help me to remember the events.  What I remember: Crackerman was the opener, then maybe Vasoline- acoustic set I believe with Sour Girl and Creep- Plush, Down, Trippin', No Way Out- and I know they closed with Sex Type Thing and Scott wrapped in the American flag.  Disturbed opened and was horrid, then Godsmack played and I was pleasantly surprised!  Singer ranted about STP fixing to come on and play "hit after motherfucking hit after mother....etc".  Great show as far as I remember but this was so long ago, anyone that went, did we get any pleasant surprises?  Heck, I also remember dying to hear Atlanta which I know didn't happen. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:57:26 AM by Rik »

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: October 26, 2000 Charlotte NC
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:01:03 AM »
Plus Big Empty, ILS, and maybe Unglued.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »
I know I saw them 5 days later in Atlanta on Halloween and they opened with DEAD AND BLOATED and it was one of the best shows of all time! I got the entire 30,000 or so people chanting STP multiple times, people I know who didn't really know much about STP came out of that place in aww and still talk about that night like it was on of the best days ever on this planet.......

-Chase

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »
I was at this show as well. I actually met the band before the show and had then sign my copy of an article I wrote for the Charlotte Observer. I was backstage/side of the stage (on Dean's side) for the whole show. I actually have a picture of the setlist on the group of guitars they had there. I will track it down and post.

I remember the opener was Crackerman and the encore was Dead & Bloated and STT. I felt like the acoustic performance was three songs (Creep, Sour Girl), but I can't remember the third song.

Saw the band after the show and everyone started singing Scott "happy birthday" and he acted as if he was a choir director, moving his arms to and fro.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:59:33 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
...and had then sign my copy of an article I wrote for the Charlotte Observer.

I remember that.  lol

I'm sure the setlist was the same as any other date on the tour.  This whole "same setlist every night" thing isn't new.

For the record, I would have thrown myself INTO that cake and forced Weiland to lick it off.  What is wrong with everyone?
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »
Please post that setlist, I would love to see it.  Wish I could ever figure out how to get backstage.  Oh, and with the upcoming date in Charlotte, that venue has covered seats and a lawn section- I purched seats about 15 rows back but wish I knew how to get down to the pit, anyone got any tips?  I saw no ticket options that would get me to the floor.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I remember that.  lol

I'm sure the setlist was the same as any other date on the tour.  This whole "same setlist every night" thing isn't new.

For the record, I would have thrown myself INTO that cake and forced Weiland to lick it off.  What is wrong with everyone?

As for the article, it is laminated and in my garage with my backstage pass right below it -- the signatures still look great. It hangs in a place of honor: right above the kegerator, which currently holds a keg of blue moon (left over from my wife's b-day. its the only beer she drinks). My garage is like another room in the house -- TV, sound system, refridgerator, etc -- we just happen to park our cars and store lawn tools in there as well.

I think the setlist was pretty much the same as what everyone else heard, but I will find the picture and post it.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:10:14 AM »
steven28174: I just took the time to find my pictures. Nothing too great because all I had at the time was a fun saver.....I will get them up tomorrow nightish. The setlist was as follows (per the picture I took of the list sitting on the soundboard):

Crackerman
Vasoline
SIN or Piece of Pie (I think I remember them playing Sin)
Big Empty
Sour Girl (Acoustic)
Creep (Acoustic)
Interstate Love Song
No Way Out
Plush
Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Down
Unglued is scratched out at the bottom of the setlist copy and I don't think they played it.
---Encore---
Dead & Bloated (w/ lead singer of Disturbed)
Sex Type Thing

The highlight of the pictures is probably when I was about 5 feet from the band when they were getting pictures with everyone before the show. Scott was in a down to the knee yellow rain coat and Dean was in a dark blue, sparkly stripper dress. LOL.

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2000-10-26 - Charlotte NC - Independence Arena
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:41:19 PM »
Hey thanks, took me a while to get back to reading this thread, heh.  Anyway, that's kind of a disappointing and very short set.  I was so damn stoked though as that was the first time I saw them.  I though I remembered PoP but I know I remember SIN, so nix that I guess and may remember Unglued actually.  I've seen Piece of Pie anyway though.  However, thanks for the reply man, nice to know what I saw!