September 29, 2024, 09:23:05 PM

Author Topic: PHILLY Show Setlist ...  (Read 7691 times)

MC.

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: PHILLY Show Setlist ...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 01:20:33 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "The Action Girls"
Quote from: "SilvergunSuperman"
I'd like to see Robert Patrick play with them.

Well, it'd be entertaining if he was actually liquid metal.

As to singing live, Richard has Scott beat by a mile.
You really got to drop it bro.

I can't believe I'm about to say this - but Brett's right.   ;)

Dude, we totally get it.  You love AoA.  And we're totally cool with it.  You absolutely don't need to drag up every topic from 2006 and comment on it for us to get the point.  It's insane.  

And your signature?  Help promote Army of Anyone?  Dog - the band is broken up.  NO ONE is promoting them.  It's killer that you like the band that much (I liked them, too, and even had the pleasure of seeing them live - great show!) - but like I said... we get it.

X3

I've heard enough of Talk Show II.

I'm glad you can contribute to the discussion.

If you don't want to hear about Army of Anyone, why do you come to this forum?

ht

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »
Calm down, kids... ;)
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 01:35:14 AM »
Quote from: "MC."

Dude, we totally get it.  You love AoA.  And we're totally cool with it.  You absolutely don't need to drag up every topic from 2006 and comment on it for us to get the point.  It's insane.  

And your signature?  Help promote Army of Anyone?  Dog - the band is broken up.  NO ONE is promoting them.  It's killer that you like the band that much (I liked them, too, and even had the pleasure of seeing them live - great show!) - but like I said... we get it.

X3

Man, it's not that we don't want to hear about AoA. The problem is that you stated your opinion a long time ago, and yet most of what you seem to do is make posts saying you like Richard Patrick better than Scott Weiland, and then when someone disagrees and you start arguing. I mean if you want to be heard that's all well and good, but the thing you've got to learn about a community based on art is that everyone has an opinion. You think Richard is better than Scott. I think Richard is better than Scott in some aspects and Scott is better than Richard in some aspects. And there are others who think Scott is just better than Richard. Who is right? None of us. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everyone sees something different in everything.

I'm just saying, if you want to be in an online community and keep your sanity you just need to let it go when you think someone is wrong. You'll never convince them of your opinion, so just let it go.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

MC.

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 01:43:13 AM »
Actually you may have misread whichever post of mine you are going by. I don't think Richard Patrick is better then Scott Weiland in every aspect, only a few. You are correct though, I did state that opinion several times, a while ago. In the current topics in this forum I haven't said anything about Richard Patrick whatsoever.

Certainly not in this topic, all I've said is that the setlist was good, which it is. I've realized that it is pointless to argue over who is a better frontman (although I was truly only trying to have a discussion, rather then an argument). So I don't plan on talking about how I love Richard Patrick or how he is better then Scott Weiland in certain aspects, as there really isn't a point. I tried to have a discussion about it, and that turned into quite an issue.

ht

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 01:46:38 AM »
Actually you may have misread whichever post of mine you are going by. I don't think Richard Patrick is better then Scott Weiland in every aspect, only a few. You are correct though, I did state that opinion several times, a while ago. In the current topics in this forum I haven't said anything about Richard Patrick whatsoever.

Certainly not in this topic, all I've said is that the setlist was good, which it is. I've realized that it is pointless to argue over who is a better frontman (although I was truly only trying to have a discussion, rather then an argument). So I don't plan on talking about how I love Richard Patrick or how he is better then Scott Weiland in certain aspects, as there really isn't a point. I tried to have a discussion about it, and that turned into quite an issue.

Oh my, I'm sorry. Maybe I confused you someone else with a Richard Patrick Avi? Anyway sorry
Grab the hate and drown it out...

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 03:01:10 AM »
He/she is referring to me, MC.

I've made it abundantly clear before, just not here, but I consider Rich and Scott of the same level. Both have their strong points, and both have their weak points.

Now, back on topic, if Robert Patrick were liquid metal, you think he'd be in the shape of Dean's guitar or Robert's bass?
Back for another one

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 05:21:13 AM »
I opened this thinking it was the SW setlist from Philly the other night, but then I had to catch up with what it really is. Anyway, I read the setlist and saw Ain't Enough was on it. I was at this AoA show and I can tell you they did not play that song. In fact, once they had pretty much wrapped up their tour (and the band itself) I remember starting a thread on their website about Ain't Enough being the only song they had that wasn't played or recorded live. Anyway, just thought I'd pass that on. If someone else was at this show too and disagrees, let me know.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:40 AM »

X3

I agree about hearing enough about AoA, but hey don't diss Talk Show, they're legends dog ;) !  They were way better than Army of Anyone, Kretzel was there!  I think they should replace this section with a Talk Show section.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »

X3

I felt like being an ass. That's all really. Plus your avatar really annoys the shit out of me. It really does. No offense. Richard Patrick looks like a complete tool in that picture. I want to punch him every time I see it. Seriously.

I've never heard the album. I would like too. But even something as petty as the constant lovefest you and action girls have for the guy just really rubbed me the wrong way. Nothing personal.

FYI, I know I have Fred Durst as my avatar, but everyone knows he's an ass to begin with.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:38:00 PM by loungefly611 »
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »

X3

I agree about hearing enough about AoA, but hey don't diss Talk Show, they're legends dog ;) !  They were way better than Army of Anyone, Kretzel was there!  I think they should replace this section with a Talk Show section.

Dude. Talk Show was complete dog shit. Even though I've never heard the AOA album, they are better by default.

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »
To avoid a comparison contest between Dave and Rich, I won't make a comment pertaining to a certain 1997 band being much inferior than a certain 2006 band.

You should hear the album. Period.
Back for another one

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 11:49:05 PM »

X3

Dude. Talk Show was complete dog shit. Even though I've never heard the AOA album, they are better by default.
It wasn't that great, but I prefer the "Hello, Hello" video to the "Goodbye" video.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 12:16:04 AM »
To avoid a comparison contest between Dave and Rich, I won't make a comment pertaining to a certain 1997 band being much inferior than a certain 2006 band.

You should hear the album. Period.

I enjoy Rob and Dean's work, so I will get around to it someday.

MC.

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »
Hahahaha, the "Hello, Hello" video is priceless.

ht

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 01:22:51 AM »
I actually really like the "Hello Hello" video. It's cheesyness really goes well with the album's... cheesyness, thus combining to make Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Still the CHEESIEST.

I got the blues.
Back for another one