September 25, 2024, 05:24:11 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots To Release Dvd Of Houdini Performce  (Read 9622 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots To Release Dvd Of Houdini Performce
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 01:34:23 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
The title of this thread is very misleading. There are no concrete plans for this show to be officially released on DVD. It'd be nice if the DVD copy out there leaked online though.
Ya this article was posted 2 weeks after the show was back on April 21, 2008 - stating the source was Blabbermouth. Back then after the Houdini show, I remember hearing some buzz about STP wanting to release it, but nothing has been said since. I wouldn't be surprised if VegasCrackerman was right and the show was released along with No. 6.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:35:21 AM by Casper »
adhesive love

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 02:14:25 AM »
You bastard.  I listened to KROQ all day and night for a week trying to win tickets to that shit.

I had to pay 250 dollars for 2 tickets. And drive 6 hours to LA. And then my buddy's sister made us pancakes and I got sick in her car on the freeway the day after. Then I had to go spend a day in Orange County so my friend could visit his fuck buddy. Some place called Lake Forest or Forest Lake or something that had either a lake or a forest in it's name. We got to eat at BJ's, which was totally awesome. I was sleeping on the floor in some girl's house, who's dad plays drums for their church, and my friend went to say goodbye and it took like 4 hours and he didn't come back in til almost 5AM. Even though we had to get up early to drive the wonderful LA freeways back to the craphole that is the city I live in. It's not that bad.

It was a kickass concert though. We got to take chartered vans up to the venue. We talked to some lady who lives in one of Scott's old houses. She said she found hella guitar picks and stuff.
Bleeda blooda

fliesinthevasoline

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 02:16:23 AM »
if they are going to release a dvd, id rather it be something more than just the houdini show. behind the scenes footage of tours, the making of shangri, rather than a 7 song reunion show that scotts voice was hit and miss on.

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 02:46:40 AM »
You bastard.  I listened to KROQ all day and night for a week trying to win tickets to that shit.

I don't know if you remember the morning of the show but I called in and play Omaroke and I was the guy who got Plush...
Even though I got it right they randomly didn't draw me.
I was extremely depressed that whole day at school haha

But at least I won tickets to NYE.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 12:08:37 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"

I had to pay 250 dollars for 2 tickets. And drive 6 hours to LA. And then my buddy's sister made us pancakes and I got sick in her car on the freeway the day after. Then I had to go spend a day in Orange County so my friend could visit his fuck buddy. Some place called Lake Forest or Forest Lake or something that had either a lake or a forest in it's name. We got to eat at BJ's, which was totally awesome. I was sleeping on the floor in some girl's house, who's dad plays drums for their church, and my friend went to say goodbye and it took like 4 hours and he didn't come back in til almost 5AM. Even though we had to get up early to drive the wonderful LA freeways back to the craphole that is the city I live in. It's not that bad.

It was a kickass concert though. We got to take chartered vans up to the venue. We talked to some lady who lives in one of Scott's old houses. She said she found hella guitar picks and stuff.
Lake Forest is pretty close to where I live.  The OC rules!  Did the girl who bought Scott's old house buy it because it was his house?  Hahaha.  I would've paid the 250 bucks for the show but I knew I'd be dropping a shitload of money on when they played their big LA show so I held off.  I probably spent 1000 dollars on STP shows in 2008 haha, totally worth it though, time of my life.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"

Here ya go - ships internationally:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STONE-TEMPLE-PILOTS ... dZViewItem

Quote from: "STP"
Hey Shangri! Why don't you said it before?
I'd have taken an original CD for you when I went to B.s A. ;)

Thank you both!! but the real problem isn't get it, it's play it... as it wasn't released here it doesn't have the right area code (4, yours it's 1) so I can't play it in my DVD player... I have to get a new one to play any DVD from anywhere (sucks)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

nicognr

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »
Amazing!

Cotton

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 04:56:49 AM »
"According to Robert DeLeo, the band has already started crafting material, and he anticipates they'll probably end up writing 100 songs before tracking the effort. The band wouldn't comment on the record beyond that, according to MTV.com."

Holy shi-
Sebastián

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »
Is this even happening anymore?
If you only knew..

nickfas54

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
my guess is no but you never know

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Is this even happening anymore?

I'm not sure if it ever was. I think a lot of people did a lot of speculating and blew things way out of proportion. I think the videos they were shooting were for online and various media outlets. You can find some pro-shot of it on YouTube I believe and there's a video on STP's official site but for some reason I can't get it to load.

You can see me and my friend during Trippin'!
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »
Scott said in an interview they were considering releasing it like a year ago and that got people speculating.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 02:04:46 AM »
Scott says LOTS of things. Take it with a grain of salt... or the whole salk lick!!!  ;D

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 04:48:16 AM »
yeah if you are a new fan get used to it :)  there has been many things said to be released but never have :-[  that is just how sTp do business its like a girl playing hard to get  :'( it just kills you ::) but u keep coming back for more :P

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 07:12:28 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Scott says LOTS of things. Take it with a grain of salt... or the whole salk lick!!!  ;D

LOL  ;D  so true
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"