September 24, 2024, 04:31:48 PM

Author Topic: Trailer for upcoming Scott documentary - “Into The Mind of Weiland”  (Read 1885 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Now this one actually looks really well made and as seen in the trailer actually features exclusive interviews with Scott’s parents and his widow Jamie. It appears to focus primarily on Scott’s mental health problems, such as bi polar and episodes of paranoia, rather than JUST his drug use. I think that’s a good thing too because even after his death I’ll still see ignorant comments on YouTube etc that’ll just say “guy was a junkie”. I think it’s so disrespectful for people to just write him off like that without looking at the bigger picture. The guy suffered with serious mental health problems for many years and I’m glad this documentary explores that rather than just going with some cliche, rockstar did drugs and died story for a quick buck.

Apparently the director is facing ‘obstacles by others’ so unfortunately we may never see it in full. Check out the trailer below:

https://youtu.be/TjBKSG0uZXU
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:07:58 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
Re: Trailer for upcoming Scott documentary - “Into The Mind of Weiland”
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »
Watched this last night as it made it's rounds on Facebook. I didn't think I'd have much interest in it, given what early reports of the content were going to be. But the trailer was cut really well and the interviews are from people close to the source, so now I'm very interested.

I know, at least know from a fan perspective, that Mary has her own perspectives on this. But we are all semi-aware of the situation. Most of us are loyal fans who are even following Noah's musical pursuits (he was live streaming on Insta last night), and I think most of us know where our hearts are at in wanting to see this content.

I've never met Mary, don't know too much about her. I'd say the most exposure to her I've had was a Velvet Revolver song that I love.

I hope this small flick gets made. I'd watch it for the close-to-Weiland interviews if not for the hyperbole or drama.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »
Well, when I read the director was facing ‘obstacles from others’, I must admit the first thing that came to mind was Mary. Didn’t she sign a deal with Sony/ATV to release music and documentaries like this that feature Scott in the future? I can’t see her wanting some indie company making a documentary like this about him, especially since it appears to feature officially released music by Scott as well as unreleased poems and stuff from his notebook (which appears to be in Jamie’s possession?).

It just seems crazy that it’s been 5 years since Scott passed and there’s been no official posthumous release, be it a documentary film, a best of album or unreleased music.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 08:54:56 PM »
Even the trailer has been blocked now due to a copyright claim  :'(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:15:02 AM by CagedTiger »