September 28, 2024, 05:21:07 PM

Author Topic: Scott at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 2278 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Scott at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
« on: November 17, 2015, 02:14:08 AM »
Getting ready for STP's induction in 2017?

https://www.instagram.com/p/-Krqgeny1d/

Knowing the rock hall though they'll probably have to wait awhile...

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »
Guess not, and they didn't make list for 2019

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »
Crazy to think this photo was taken a couple weeks before he passed... Obviously you can tell he wasn't in great shape, but it's just weird to see this for the first time just now.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:22:50 PM »
Yeah seeing the 2015 stuff now is kinda depressing knowing how it all ended. Some of it was of course quite disturbing at the time but I’d hoped he’d somehow pull through it all :(
He seemed unable to emote or smile in the last year of so too, anyone know why that was? I’ve heard people saying possible stroke and there was that seizure he had on a plane but there’s never been confirmation of that.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »
Def Leppard aren't in yet.  How the hell are STP gonna get in?

Also, FUCK the rock and roll hall of fame.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »
Yeah seeing the 2015 stuff now is kinda depressing knowing how it all ended. Some of it was of course quite disturbing at the time but I’d hoped he’d somehow pull through it all :(
He seemed unable to emote or smile in the last year of so too, anyone know why that was? I’ve heard people saying possible stroke and there was that seizure he had on a plane but there’s never been confirmation of that.

I'm no doctor, but if I had to guess, the seizure was a result of withdrawls from benzos or something similar.

As for the last year, probably psychiatric medicines mixed with alcohol. I can't remember for sure but think he was on geodon, which can leave you catatonic especially mixed with alcohol.

Bleeda blooda

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »

I'm no doctor, but if I had to guess, the seizure was a result of withdrawls from benzos or something similar.

As for the last year, probably psychiatric medicines mixed with alcohol. I can't remember for sure but think he was on geodon, which can leave you catatonic especially mixed with alcohol.

That’s scary. I pop the odd Diazepam (Valium) and take other anti depressant medication daily but never heard about seizures being a side effect of withdrawal. I also drink alcohol on my anti depressants but never mix Valium with alcohol.
I can only guess Scott was abusing the benzo’s, they’re not for regular use and should be used sparingly as they’re highly addictive (as told to me by my Doctor). In terms of his alcohol use, was he a full blown alcoholic? Was he actually getting completely wasted daily? It seemed that may be the case in his final days.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »
He seemed to be in denial about his drinking, I think often when he was clean from drugs he was replacing it with alcohol, and considering that to not be as much of a problem.

I really don't see STP ever getting into the Hall of Fame, problem being, they just aren't that famous.

They were, but they are no longer a household name like a few of their other peers. They didn't combust in a blaze of glory like Nirvana, and they didn't stick around and carve out a steady reliable career like Pearl Jam either. Even once he got with VR Scott's resurgence was shortlived, and the press quickly went back to reporting all the shit he got up to until they got bored of him completely, and the rest of STP were never of much interest to the press at all, not being mercurial stars like Scott was initially.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 05:09:49 PM »
Yea who knows.  The HoF is sketchy at best and has a (rightfully so) bad rep for its induction process.  There's too many acts who get overlooked.  Took KISS forever to be recognized.  Motorhead still gets snubbed every year.

I don't think Scott's drama hurts them so much as he just apparently lost his charm amongst the community.  At the same time, the Deleo's seem to have better reputation considering the projects they're asked to participate in so maybe that earns them some credit.  That said, trying to keep personal bias out of it, I think they're a borderline consideration.  They certainly had an impact in music with more than a handful of hits that stand the test of time.  I wouldn't be surprised in a handful of years if they got better consideration when the caliber of new eligible nominees starts to dwindle a bit.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »
The bottom line is that they've only been eligible a couple years. This isn't Led Zeppelin or the Beatles... It's gonna take a few years for them to get in. But I think it's an inevitability they'll get in. I can listen to the radio a single day without hearing an STP song spun at least once. They're pretty ubiquitous... Just not as big as Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

My guess is they'll make it in some point in the 2020s.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 01:15:41 AM »
I have a feeling Kretz will be wheeled up onstage at the lone surviving member by the time they get in.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11