September 28, 2024, 07:13:33 PM

Author Topic: Janina Castaneda  (Read 40996 times)

FuzzyDunlop

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Janina Castaneda
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »
He barely wrote anything about her in his book, but he did address the questions you asked about her ethnicity and how they met. She’s half Mexican, half Ecuadorian and they met when he was 22 and she was 19 at a night club he’d frequent. Scott initially started talking to her friend, but couldn’t help but feel drawn to Jannina and ended up getting her number by the end of the night. Scott wrote that while he loved Jannina, meeting Mary a couple years later made him realize he was never in love with her. (Beats me why he decided to marry her anyway).

You hear Scott say in that Stern interview that she’s wonderful, plus everything in his book was positive too, so there didn’t seem to be any bad blood on his end. I also recall Mary saying in an interview that Jannina would still go to STP concerts with her new husband, so it appeared pretty amicable on both sides even after the divorce.

About 5 years ago this brief update on her was provided on this site:

- A lot of us are curious to know how Janina is doing. I hope she's alright. Have you heard from her lately?
Janina is doing great. I see her and her family often. She's been remarried now for at least 10 years, living in Pasadena, California. She recently had her second child.

http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=7415.0
And here's a photo from their wedding that you asked about:

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 06:51:13 AM »
He barely wrote anything about her in his book, but he did address the questions you asked about her ethnicity and how they met. She’s half Mexican, half Ecuadorian and they met when he was 22 and she was 19 at a night club he’d frequent. Scott initially started talking to her friend, but couldn’t help but feel drawn to Jannina and ended up getting her number by the end of the night. Scott wrote that while he loved Jannina, meeting Mary a couple years later made him realize he was never in love with her. (Beats me why he decided to marry her anyway).

You hear Scott say in that Stern interview that she’s wonderful, plus everything in his book was positive too, so there didn’t seem to be any bad blood on his end. I also recall Mary saying in an interview that Jannina would still go to STP concerts with her new husband, so it appeared pretty amicable on both sides even after the divorce.

- A lot of us are curious to know how Janina is doing. I hope she's alright. Have you heard from her lately?
Janina is doing great. I see her and her family often. She's been remarried now for at least 10 years, living in Pasadena, California. She recently had her second child.

Apparently, he only stayed with Janina because she supported him during STP's formative years and felt like he couldn't just leave her once STP took off.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
It would be so weird to have songs out there that are popular that are about you. I mean, what if you have those songs? How awkward is it when Sour Girl comes on the radio?

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 04:12:10 PM »
The way I remember reading in Mary's book, there are a couple times when he was seeing the both at the same time, but then there are another couple time frames when it seems as though, they were maybe "on a break" or almost divorced, but then Scott and Janina would get back together or something... seems like a lot of "gray area" type stuff if you know what I mean...I would need to re read and really try digesting those chapters which talk about all that to lay down a time frame or something, but it comes across to me as there were several "on again"... "off again" moments in each of those relationships... but they at least overlapped a time or two into each other based on Mary's book. When she found out about it... then it would be awhile before she would talk to Scott again. You probably get the idea I'm trying to describe here...

I wouldn't hold too much of a negative perception towards Scott's name here though.

Well, there's no too much negative towards Scott, I'm just surprised that he cheated with Mary on Janina. This is a bit strange for a man who says about himself "I'm a person who's been in love with very few women.". After these words, I thought Scott was a man who is very honest with women.

Here you go Alex......

Watch starting at 6:00 through 7:30.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTo8nSRZjsA

Oh, that one... thanks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTo8nSRZjsA

I remember this interview. Man, he looks like a broken man on here.

Absolutely!!  :-X :(

Thank you very much for the story, information and photo! Photo is nice  :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:20:07 PM by Alex »

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 08:36:32 AM »
If you look at the Purple cooklet i believe theres a pic with Scott and Janina so they must have still been together, during the recording of that album.

Yeah, they got married after Purple was released. There are pics of the two in the Tiny Music booklet as well. I remember reading that they finally separated in 1998. Scott's drug use ruined their relationship, he said it himself.

Can anyone upload please the photos of this couple from Tiny Music?

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 11:09:52 AM »
Up!

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 06:59:47 AM »
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 07:31:15 AM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:00:07 AM by Sad Daisy Girl »

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 07:57:08 PM »
Sad Daisy Girl
thank you!

Once again:

Can anyone upload please the photos of this couple from Tiny Music?

Slimwhit97

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 02:12:04 AM »
I know that she currently owns a successful salon/spa in Pasadena and has two adorable daughters Charlotte and Lucinda. She is still married to the same man Scott mention in the interview. Jannina’s brother posted a photo of Scott when he died and tagged her in it. Not long after her Instagram went private. I do believe she attended the funeral.