September 30, 2024, 06:14:46 AM

Author Topic: Butterfly ltd vinyl release  (Read 6058 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Butterfly ltd vinyl release
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »
I wanted this release, but even though my record player will allow me to adjust it up to the right speed with the pitch control, I don't think I can bring myself to buy something I know already to be faulty.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 03:20:21 AM »
There are enough complaints on this that it's no isolated incident.

How embarrassing!!! Where's the quality control? Why is this band incapable of getting things right? We can blame management til our faces turn blue when you've had a career filled with mismanagement at some point you have to blame the band on some of these mishaps. And where's the response from the band and/or management? Smooth over the fans that actually DO support this record. Tell them you'll get it right. Offer a resolution. These guys are so disconnected.

Sure, I can be an asshole and say, "well, this will go unnoticed because it's not like anyone will buy this anyway" but WTF. These guys are such talented songwriters and musicians and haven't a clue about the rest of it. No wonder they are the butt of everyone's jokes. Makes me mad.

They probably don't read social media that much and therefore don't know there is a problem.
Robert reads his twitter.  Tweet him your concerns

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 09:44:13 PM »
How embarrassing!!! Where's the quality control? Why is this band incapable of getting things right? We can blame management til our faces turn blue when you've had a career filled with mismanagement at some point you have to blame the band on some of these mishaps. And where's the response from the band and/or management? Smooth over the fans that actually DO support this record. Tell them you'll get it right. Offer a resolution. These guys are so disconnected.

What exactly is the band supposed to do in this situation? They can't offer refund, that's up to the stores that sold the albums and the record label. They can't offer to replace faulty copies, because that's again up to the label to repress the album. Basically, all they can do is say "We've heard about the defect and we're talking to the record label."

STP screws up a lot, but this is 100% on Rhino.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 02:58:03 AM »

What exactly is the band supposed to do in this situation? They can't offer refund, that's up to the stores that sold the albums and the record label. They can't offer to replace faulty copies, because that's again up to the label to repress the album. Basically, all they can do is say "We've heard about the defect and we're talking to the record label."

STP screws up a lot, but this is 100% on Rhino.

While I agree on it being on Rhino, if they're a reputable business they'd offer a solution to fix the albums.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »
What a mess
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »
Rhino released a statement. They are going to mail out replacement vinyl to people who bought it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0K4DABDh0/

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 01:21:43 AM »
Rhino released a statement. They are going to mail out replacement vinyl to people who bought it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0K4DABDh0/

Glad to hear it.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19