September 29, 2024, 11:22:49 AM

Author Topic: Which songs do you predict will be the best and worst judging by the titles?  (Read 2010 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Just a bit of fun but judging from the song titles of songs we haven’t heard yet from the upcoming album, which ones do you predict are going to be strong and which ones do you think are going to suck?
It’ll be fun to see if we were right when the album is released  :D

Middle Of Nowhere
  • Guilty
  • Just A Little Lie
  • Six Eight
  • Thought She’d Be Mine
  • Never Enough
  • Finest Hour
  • Good Shoes
  • Reds & Blues
  • Based on the titles alone ‘Good Shoes’ is the first one that jumps out at me as a potential sucky track, also I’ve got a bad feeling about ‘Six Eight’ and ‘Finest Hour’.I’m putting my money on ‘Reds & Blues’, ‘Middle Of Nowhere’ and ‘Guilty’ As being strong cuts.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
I’m going to take a run with “Thought she’d be mine” as a possible strong track.

Seems like a song title that would be a hit for most pop artists out there...

Fun topic  8)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
agree Good Shoes feels ominous. Reds & Blues has really lame potential. Finest Hour I could see being a really good one, though.

Middle of Nowhere will be badass as the album opener, I have no doubt. Guilty will rock.

Going with Good Shoes as by far the worst track on the album.

Will be fun to re-visit these statements when the album comes out.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
I actually feel like Reds & Blues has potential, depending on what it pertains to, if anything. I'm interested in hearing Guilty, too. Middle Of Nowhere is hopefully a strong open. Just A Little Lie sounds like it'll be bad, in my opinion. Songs like Finest Hour and Never Enough are generic titles that could go either way.

Good Shoes does sound like it has potential to be bad, but it also reminds me of "Those Shoes" by The Eagles, could surprise.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:38:54 AM by Down-Plush »

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
All I know is that STP w/ Gutt is probably not capable of writing something as complex musically or lyrically as Bagman. I mean, just check out these lyrics:

Bagman honey
Bagman sugar
Bagman honey
Bagman sugar

On a serious note, I have high hopes for "Reds and Blues" and am with others that "Good Shoes" could be a dud. I also have high hopes for the two bonus Best Buy tracks, "Already Gone" and "Forget Forever." I often find bonus songs or B-sides to be surprisingly good and often wonder why they failed to make the final cut.

While I don't want to place too much emphasis on song titles, I am really missing Scott's influence here. I think titles like "Interstate Love Song," "Bi-polar Bear," and "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart" may really be in the past and the band is going for a more generic feel these days. I remember when SLDD was first announced and some rumored tracks were "Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation" and "Astronaut School."

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Ha interesting question. When i see the title six eight i think Tool. So im hoping its a heavy rugged melodic rocker

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
'Never Enough' sounds like it can be generic and shouty. Maybe 'Finest Hour' will deliver?
I had the midwife naked and alone

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
None of the tracks are going to suck. This is STP. Even the worst track on S/T1 is better than most bands' worst.
Grab the hate and drown it out...