October 01, 2024, 03:34:34 AM

Author Topic: Hello, I used to be on the REALLY old message board. Reconnecting maybe?  (Read 4736 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Hello, I used to be on the REALLY old message board. Reconnecting maybe?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »
Anybody know if Sean still lurks?

I do not, and I know (because I asked) that Rik is also not in touch with him. I always loved Sean and think of him on occasion - if anyone DOES keep in touch, please tell him to contact me, as I would love to play catchup. The last we spoke, he had a beautiful wife and was living in Vegas (I believe).
I'm friends with him on facebook.  I'm going to respect his privacy, but I'll tell you all that it seems like life is treating him well and he has a beautiful family. 

Yassss! Aaron pulling through for the win! Good. I'm glad things are going well for him. :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »
I've been a member only since 2004 when Scott was forming Velvet Revolver and when those STP unreleased tracks were posted here. My friends and I always count that as an EP we call "You're Welcome" because it was around the time of the "Thank You" collection came out. But I've been an STP fan from the beginning. I was in high school when Core came out and I saw STP the first time on the Purple tour and I've seen them on every tour since then except with Chester. Saw Scott with VR twice and saw him solo supporting HIG. Wish I would've seen him on the 12BB tour.

Does anybody know whatever happened to Peebs? She used to post here a lot and on the Rik's VR forum too back then.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 02:21:44 AM »
Peebs (Robin) is another one I think about but have lost touch with. I have an email address for her, though not sure if she uses it anymore. I should shoot her a message. :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 05:17:18 AM »
Talk about nostalgia! There are some old names I haven't thought of in years.

I don't post much anymore, but I've been around since the late 90s (roughly around the No. 4 era).

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 07:49:56 AM »
Your name doesn't look familiar to me - been hanging around these parts since 1996. Not sure if I should be proud of that or ashamed. Haha. Regardless, let me try to answer some of your questions.

Ivy is "still around"ish. She doesn't come on here anymore, but she is alive and well. :)

Matt was never the webmaster of this site. He used to run The Resurrection and, eventually, the official site. He doesn't come here, and if any if the other old school members here talk to him, I am unaware. Rik is the webmaster around these parts - he occasionally comes out of hiding to post, but without much to discuss his appearances are few and far between.

"The guy with the penguin" - suicide rob? The penguin doesn't ring a bell, but Rob used to help Matt out over at .com. Haven't heard anything about or from him in well over a decade.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

As I type this, I must be living the same feeling Tom Hank's character felt when he returned home from the island in Castaway!

I don't even know where to begin..my name is Rich. I was a regular poster in the early 2000's...I guess the below empty site switched over because this profile said I registered up again in 2008, but I was a poster on b.e way before that...... I havent been back since 2008 though...wow

I used to talk with Rik Frequently, and STPGurl, Jessie right? We've met once before...but I was a young lad in junior high, seeing STP for the first time on the no.4 tour.
I used to talk with Matt all the time as well, even got a chance to meet him on the Family Values Tour in 01...took me backstage, Scott spilled coffee on me!

Im still in disbelief this site is around....gonna try and show face some more, maybe answer some questions for any youngins on here who have come after me.

Damn..time flies. I remember being in 7th grade, 1999, thinking I was too young to talk STP with people online...now, 18 years later....unreal.