September 25, 2024, 06:26:53 AM

Author Topic: Why not this girl?  (Read 3462 times)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Why not this girl?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »
He couldn't deal w/ Chester.  What makes you think he would deal w/ anyone else?  Come on, be serious.  What kind of thread is this? The desperation thread?  Here let's ask Britney Spears.  I think her residency at Vegas is about over.  She draws a crowd.  Or how about Taylor Swift.  She just has to date a couple of rock guys then break up w/ them and then write a song about it...caa-ching...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X

I am not sure if you're seeing the point. No one here is just throwing out random female artist names for "what if" scenarios. It's not a matter of desperation at all. It's a matter of some of us actually believe that a female would be a good fit in the role. No one brought up Brittney Spears, Pink, Madonna, Katie Perry, Gwen Stefani, etc. because no one actually believes any of them would be a fit at all. As much as Blue and I might disagree, Blue genuinely believes Linda Perry would be a fit and can back it up with his logic as to why. I clearly stated in my post that I never have been a fan of Lady Gaga's own music, but I as a fan of STP am admitting to myself and everyone else that I see something special in her stage presence and singing ability that makes me believe without a shadow of a doubt that an effort should be made to get her to sing for this band.

If you disagree with a female fronted STP that's totally cool and I respect your view, but don't be mistaken, no one is just randomly mentioning names of female artists.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Why not this girl?
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
There's nothing desperate about this thread. Mina herself mentioned she wants to be in the band. The band themselves mentioned they want to work with Gaga. Neither Linda nor Jordis Unga have projects that would interfere with STP. These are all viable candidates with availability and/or at least one party interested in the prospect.
Grab the hate and drown it out...