September 25, 2024, 12:18:39 AM

Author Topic: Core's 25th Anniversary Tour... How far are we from meeting the new singer?  (Read 3011 times)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
This is my idea. 

1. They should get the potential singers together.
2. Do a Tribute concert to Honor Scott.
3. Divide up the concert set list.
4. Have the potential singers do an original song.

I'm trying hard to think of a worse and more awkward idea than this, but I am not up to the task.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
This is my idea. 

I'm trying hard to think of a worse and more awkward idea than this, but I am not up to the task.

In defense of Westenn, the band hasn't given any indication of moving forward to it's fanbase. I kind of agree with her approach because it might give their fanbase a chance to critique a potential singers abilities.

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
I just don't think they want to audition people publicly. Like I said before, these guys are professionals and they know what they are looking for in a singer without putting them on stage.

Besides, if they really want to do a tribute show to Scott they'd be better off going with people Scott actually knew and worked with, like Chester and Perry Farrell.

Yes, but don't you think they would have done that by now?
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
This is my idea. 

Here let me help you.  You fronting the band or having to stand by you at a concert, Mr. Negativity.  I don't find it bad at all.  What would be bad is if they did do a vote for your favorite singer like Inxs did.  That would be bad.

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
This is my idea. 

In defense of Westenn, the band hasn't given any indication of moving forward to it's fanbase. I kind of agree with her approach because it might give their fanbase a chance to critique a potential singers abilities.

Thanks.  I saw what you wrote but I don't think voting is the right way to go.  So I guess I 'drew' from what you said.  :)

skunkyfunk

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I'll probably have a hard time getting behind any unknown singer, but regardless I actually think the best move for STP would be to time the announcement with the release of new music, similar to what they did with Chester.  Basically it says "we have this guy and this is what he can do... we're moving forward". In my opinion, thats the best way to make a real go of continuing their career.  If you announce a replacement singer and then just play the existing catalog, then you're probably not far off from becoming a state fair band.

I think it was clear from the beginning of the auditions that they will be writing and recording new material with the singer they will choose.  The real question is what kind of musical direction they will take, aside from the ability of the new singer to do the catalog. 

Mickey Valentine stated one time on Facebook that the new material will be a little resemblant to No4 and Shangrila Dee Da.